PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

chlodad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can't wifi tether to android tablet

I have the wifi app on my tp2 works great but my android tablet will not pick up signal, I understand my wifi app is adhoc and android does not recognize adhoc. Is there a wifi tethering app for tp2 that's work for android? Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: can't wifi tether to android tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlodad View Post
I have the wifi app on my tp2 works great but my android tablet will not pick up signal, I understand my wifi app is adhoc and android does not recognize adhoc. Is there a wifi tethering app for tp2 that's work for android? Thanks
you either need to boot into android and use the android tethering or you need to change files in your tablet to enable adhoc support .
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlodad View Post
you either need to boot into android and use the android tethering or you need to change files in your tablet to enable adhoc support .
Yep, OP you would have to root your Android Tablet and replace the wpa_supplicant file with the appropriate one that supports adhoc.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

chlodad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yep, OP you would have to root your Android Tablet and replace the wpa_supplicant file with the appropriate one that supports adhoc.

I read that method, seems more work than I wanted to do, I was hoping there was a wifi app that was an access point not adhoc. Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

wmwifirouter works without changing anything... it creates wifi as a "real" wifi and not ad hoc at least for me :S I was able to connect my laptop/ipad/evo to my tp2

not sure if android tablet is "different" than ipad/evo though but I don't got anythign else as a tablet to test lol but the app isn't free
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
wmwifirouter works without changing anything... it creates wifi as a "real" wifi and not ad hoc at least for me :S I was able to connect my laptop/ipad/evo to my tp2

not sure if android tablet is "different" than ipad/evo though but I don't got anythign else as a tablet to test lol but the app isn't free
it creates an adhoc for me , its even listed in the settings as adhoc , you can change it but im not sure how to make it work .

EDIT: I found this website , you can make it an access point , however you MUST have a wireless router to make it work . http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0806019/

Last edited by elesbb; 11-10-2011 at 03:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch

aammiitt is keeping up the good workaammiitt is keeping up the good work

I had the same problem, but you need to run updates on your tablet. The most recent update will allow you to connect without any problem!

Hope it works!
Cheers !!!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
it creates an adhoc for me , its even listed in the settings as adhoc , you can change it but im not sure how to make it work .

EDIT: I found this website , you can make it an access point , however you MUST have a wireless router to make it work . WMWifiRouter - Support - Knowledgebase - KB0806019 - Providing an internet feed to a hardware Access Point
Hmm...I didn't know this tidbit.
I'm gonna keep this handy for a later date.
Thanks elesbb!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Thanks elesbb!
Its been mentioned before actually..just a lot less recently due to it being cheaper to use the Android port.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks elesbb!
lol no problem ! I was bored at school and decided searching about WMWiFiRouter and stumbled upon it . btw @horndoctor do you like my text below my username ?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2