PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash will not progress past 0%

This is certainly a new one for me.

Phone information:
Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Battery about 90% charged
Unlocked SPL-1.00 OliNex

Process:
Generally, when I flash I do it one of two ways. I either put the IMG file on SD card and flash that way, or I go into bootloader and flash via USB having manually put the phone into bootloader. I don't sync the phone with my desktop PC so I don't have activesync or WMDC installed.

In a little over two years with this phone, I've never had an issue.

Detail Scenario One - microUSB:
Unplug from USB and/or AC (result is the same with our without AC adapter)
Pull battery
Insert mSD card (I've full FAT32, not quick formatted three different cards) with RHODIMG.NBH.
Insert battery
Trigger bootloader (volume down + power)
Bootloader (tri color screen - SPL-1.00 OliNex) comes up
Immediately transitions to an all grey screen that reads

Loading ...

And then nothing else happens.

Detail Scenario Two - PC/USB:
unplug from AC / usb
Pull battery
remove microSD card
insert battery
Trigger bootloader (volume down + power)
Bootloader (tri color screen - SPL-1.00 OliNex) comes up
White part at bottom reads Serial
Plug into PC USB cable
White part at bottom changes to USB
Run "RUU_Rhodium_W_S2_Sprint_WWE_2.04.651.4_RS_2.32.00 WF" ROM installer - using something from HTC/Sprint to avoid issues with bad NBH or RomUpdateUtility
Next
Next
Update
Next
Next
PC screen updates to "Updating the ROM image on your PDA Phone" at 0%
Touch Pro 2 screen toggles to grey screen with 0% update progress
Nothing else happens ... some time later, the desktop PC updater flips out of update mode and walks through the flash recovery steps
the Touch Pro 2 screen stays at 0% until I pull the battery and start over.

Thoughts ?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Flash will not progress past 0%

try removing your sd card and running the stock rom .exe on computer as admin

I said remove sd card because I was flashing stock before and left sd card in with another rom set to flash on it so it wouldnt flash stock since it went to sd first
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
try removing your sd card and running the stock rom .exe on computer as admin

I said remove sd card because I was flashing stock before and left sd card in with another rom set to flash on it so it wouldnt flash stock since it went to sd first
Yep, I could have done a better job of describing what I had done and this was definitely high on my list as I worked through the process of elimination.

Still searching and happy to entertain thoughts and possibilities.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Hmm...try running clear storage/hard reset with the rom you have on there first before you try to flash.
Have you tried running task 29 then go back to bootloader and try again?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Hmm...try running clear storage/hard reset with the rom you have on there first before you try to flash.
I tried the bootloader version of clear storage ... (Talk + End + Power) and the phone displays the screen, I press VolUp to restore, the screen quickly displays the restore process and then prompts VolUp to reboot ... no dice, still can't flash anything.

Challenge is, no flash will complete and ... well, lets say I can't get into Windows Mobile so I am stuck with what appears to be e fully functional bootloader, but for some reason, the phone will not accept a flash request ... even with a stock sprint / HTC RUU package.

Please keep the ideas coming. I've never heard of NOT being able to restore a phone as long as you can get to bootloader. Well, I can get to bootloader but I can't get anything to flash. Really, really strange.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie
Quote:

I tried the bootloader version of clear storage ... (Talk + End + Power) and the phone displays the screen, I press VolUp to restore, the screen quickly displays the restore process and then prompts VolUp to reboot ... no dice, still can't flash anything.

Challenge is, no flash will complete and ... well, lets say I can't get into Windows Mobile so I am stuck with what appears to be e fully functional bootloader, but for some reason, the phone will not accept a flash request ... even with a stock sprint / HTC RUU package.

Please keep the ideas coming. I've never heard of NOT being able to restore a phone as long as you can get to bootloader. Well, I can get to bootloader but I can't get anything to flash. Really, really strange.

Best regards,
-boggsie
How about running task 29?

You say you can't boot up? I guess you've already done task 29 and that's why?
If you could boot into WinMo I would suggest installing WMDC and syncing then run the shipped exe rom and flash that way.
Maybe try a different PC?
Weird.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

Quote:

How about running task 29?

You say you can't boot up? I guess you've already done task 29 and that's why?
If you could boot into WinMo I would suggest installing WMDC and syncing then run the shipped exe rom and flash that way.
Maybe try a different PC?
Weird.
hmm ... different PC, wouldn't hurt to try, I guess.

and Task29, yep, tried ... problem being that no matter what I attempt, when a PC based flash is involved, the grey percentage screen pops and is stuck at 0%.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-16-2011, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Mine does that without WMDC installed. Stubborn phone.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualls View Post
Mine does that without WMDC installed. Stubborn phone.
drat ... well, as mine will not boot into windows mobile, WMDC really has no impact on this particular issue.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Didn't see you mention it, but have you tried a different sd card? Also, maybe use a different cable when trying from pc?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2