PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jkhawk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Space bar missing from FULL keyboard

This just happened out of nowhere. When I am in the full qwerty the space bar has disappeared and it looks like the "@" and "_" have taken its place. I have no idea what happened. But if I am respnding to a short email using one hand or a text there is no longer a space bar and it makes it a bit difficult to type the response out correctly.

I searched and really didn't find an answer. Can anyone help or experienced this? Maybe I will have to find a new keyboard in place of TP FULL qwerty.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

JulieB is becoming a great contributor
Re: Space bar missing from FULL keyboard

I had this same problem, and the attached cab fixed it for me. Hope it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab FixStuckTP2Keyboard.cab (452 Bytes, 181 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

No offense to the last poster, but please ignore that cab..it's for something else. Are you typing in the TO field? If so there is no space option on the soft keyboard...you can't put a space in an e-mail address. The keyboard is smart enough to know this. Move to the body of the e-mail message and then you're keyboard will change and offer the normal space option.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

JulieB is becoming a great contributor

Actually, I had the same problem as the OP, and offered up the cab in hopes it helped.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

jlbusch is just getting started

This used to happen related to goodthings2lifes tweaks...check that thread out. I think it was related to one of the tweaks he did with the keyboard. If you installed his tweak package this may be part of the problem...
Old 11-14-2009, 10:38 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

I may be wrong but try this for yourself. Got to Messaging, make sure your in the TO field, and pull up your soft keyboard. See that the space bar is replaced by a "@" ".com" an odd looking "_" sign (the space bar), and the period. Now move to the main body of the e-mail, and the keys are replaced by the more familiar "," the stange "-" (the space bar) and period again. The space bar is back to it's longer size.

To those referring to the FixStuckTP2Keyboard cab. I originally posted that here and it was used to fix the issue when the phone keypad popped up and could not be changed back to the regular qwerty SIP. It was a cab that I created that included GoodThings2Life's registry settings, plus something else I'd added. Here's a pic of what that was supposed to fix...

Last edited by CovKid66; 11-14-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I used to get this all the time on WM6.5 roms on my TP.

I would usually eventually get it fixed by choosing different text fields (Browser, body of text, etc).

It was a quite annoying issue, and it was as if the Keypad was stuck in that setting, the same way as the phonepad being stuck.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 11-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Kustom66 is a n00b

The FixStuckTP2Keyboard cab worked for me this morning for the same problem as JKHawk had.

I had the identical issue last night. I was doing a bunch of tweaking and ended up with no space bar on my virtual keyboard. I don't know if the tweaking did it or it had been that way for awhile as I've been using the slide-out keyboard.

It seemed to be frozen on some type of keyboard for entering a web address as the space bar was replaced by a ".com" key, but it was there for everything including SMS. And no, moving to the subject or body of the email or SMS did not bring it back, it was frozen no matter what I did. Also, the XT9/ABC button was frozen on ABC. I undid all of my tweaks, changed every conceivable input setting, but nothing helped.

This morning I was resigned to tackling a hard reset and recreating my Mobile Shell 3.5 layouts, reloading everything, etc, but then I tried the FixStuckTP2Keyboard cab referenced in Julie's post and it worked! The "space-bar-replaced-by-.com" keyboard appears to be totally gone as the "To:" line in "New Email" now replaces the space bar with an "@" button, and on "New SMS" the "To:" line pulls up what appears the normal keyboard with a space bar. XT9/ABC works again and when in Subject or the body of the message everything appears to be back to normal.

Almost as an afterthought I opened up Opera and tapped in the web address bar - and there was the virtual keyboard with the "space-bar-replaced-by-.com" again! So it appears that when this nasty problem happens, it is somehow that the keyboard assigned to just entering web addresses is getting locked onto all messaging and other programs.

HTC TouchPro2 on Sprint
Old 12-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

tolip_ck1 is a n00b

CAB file worked for me too!! Thanx
Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

kasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Worked for me also.
I've change something in reg to show "old" word completion, that's when i start noticing no space bar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2