PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ttp
Carrier: sprint

swccuz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
froze with mighty rom, need to bring in to service center..plz help

Touch pro 2 unlocked with mighty rom

A friend unlocked this unit and put mighty rom on it for me. I spent many hours searching for a thread with with the same symtons as this unit without much success. Iv read up on how to do the unlock and rom loads....but have never performed the procedures(friend did it) Phone worked great for long time. the phone now is completely frozen after the load finishes. i need to bring it in to get a new one replaced. cant have them seeing that 'mighty rom' on the load screen.i have done a hard reset.. the phone appears to be unable to enter the bootloader. i press the dwn vol/power and it enters the process...white screen blinks for a split then back to the rainbow screen with no options. im to the point where im fixin to just spend the 100$ deduct and get a another. would like it free though. cant link it to the pc because its froze....any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
CuZ
Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Download this rom to your PC:

http://www.shipped-roms.com/download...60660_Ship.exe

Then remove your battery from your device for about 15sec. Then replace the battery and then immediately push and hold volume down button and while holding that button down push and hold the power button until rainbow bootloader shows.
Then toward the bottom it should say serial. Then connect your device to your PC and where it says serial it will change to usb. Then click on the exe rom I told you to download and follow the instructions.

Good Luck!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

swccuz is a n00b
Re: froze with mighty rom, need to bring in to service center..plz help

Thks horndoc.. Will try it out in few when I get back in the office
Old 11-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swccuz
Thks horndoc.. Will try it out in few when I get back in the office
No problemo!
I really hope it works for you.
If flashing via usb doesn't work then if you have a formatted microsd card you could flash that rom that way as well but try via usb first.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

swccuz is a n00b
Thumbs up FIXED!!! /nod

Very much thanks my friend. I was able to get the stock rom loaded. took me awhile tring to get the phone to active sync.... driver issues.... but finilly got it. with the display touch screen not working i was not able to go through the phone setup phase... they shouldnt say anything bout that at sprint.... i can say i just reset it.
again thks for a fast and reliable response,,,.. i was expecting to get the.... read the forums answer...
Have a good one bud
CuZ
Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by swccuz
Very much thanks my friend. I was able to get the stock rom loaded. took me awhile tring to get the phone to active sync.... driver issues.... but finilly got it. with the display touch screen not working i was not able to go through the phone setup phase... they shouldnt say anything bout that at sprint.... i can say i just reset it.
again thks for a fast and reliable response,,,.. i was expecting to get the.... read the forums answer...
Have a good one bud
CuZ
Hey, you're very welcome!
I hope you get it repaired or you get a good replacement device.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

If you're lucky enough u could probably get it replaced with an arrive.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

swccuz is a n00b

Gonma try and get something different if they let me. 3rd time this display has failed. Its first time I had to eat a claim though. Im gonna give retentions hell and see what happens

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2