PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

chriswf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to chriswf
HTC touch pro 2 camera screen focus fades to white?

Hey guys.

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2. I got it because my job has an application that ONLY works with VERY few phones. HTC Touch pro 1 and 2 being half of the phones that work.
While they're working on a druid app...

Until then, HTC tp2 is the only route.

So, this job requires pictures to be taken CONSTANTLY. And this phone does quite the job at this. Only problem is, if I set the phone down in my lap or point it in a dark direction, then lift it back up to take a picture of a street sign (I'm a property inspector), the screen will WHITE OUT, but not like the other people's problems.

I don't want to dive into adjusting settings I know nothing about. As this phone is my life at the moment.

The whiteness will fade, but only after I hold my hand close to it, and slowly pull my hand away as it regains focus.

It's not the same whiteness issues other people are having with rebooting issues (I did searching).

Anyway, lemme know whatcha think!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: HTC touch pro 2 camera screen focus fades to white?

sound like the camera is auto adjusting the white balance

you sit it down, back down where camera is covered? So it is all black, phone turns up white balance to see if it can pick up more details, so when you lift it up where it gets light, the white balance washes everything out, just change white balance from auto to a set number?

edit: just tried to reproduce it, default camera on my TP2 doesn't do this when I set it down so no light is in camera, then I point it at light, it adjusts instantly
Old 11-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chriswf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to chriswf
Re: HTC touch pro 2 camera screen focus fades to white?

Perhaps the issue lies in the actual sunlight. As it really seems to.

Keep in mind my car is dark and tinted as well. So I go from either dark lap, to dark car, then to extremely bright Texas sun light. Many times pointed at sky (obviously not at sun).

But to your point... My auto white balance? has auto, a circle (looks like the sun), the moon and a star, a light bulb?, then a box with dashes going off of it like the sun looking icon.
No numbers.

Which do you think? :P
(I know my description sounds ridiculous...)
Old 11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

eyeb you may be onto something but I think it's the Brightness setting rather than White Balance.
I know mine will go into a standby state when it sits on my lap or on a seat away from light after a period of time. It will have a box in the center of the screen that says tap the screen to resume or something. OP if yours isn't doing that and you are having other issues it may be time for you to backup your data and Clear Storage/Hard Reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2