PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   can't wifi tether to android tablet (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147911)

chlodad 11-08-2011 04:07 PM

can't wifi tether to android tablet

I have the wifi app on my tp2 works great but my android tablet will not pick up signal, I understand my wifi app is adhoc and android does not recognize adhoc. Is there a wifi tethering app for tp2 that's work for android? Thanks

elesbb 11-08-2011 04:23 PM

Re: can't wifi tether to android tablet

Quote:

Originally Posted by chlodad (Post 2154692)
I have the wifi app on my tp2 works great but my android tablet will not pick up signal, I understand my wifi app is adhoc and android does not recognize adhoc. Is there a wifi tethering app for tp2 that's work for android? Thanks

you either need to boot into android and use the android tethering or you need to change files in your tablet to enable adhoc support .

horndoctor 11-09-2011 02:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:

Originally Posted by chlodad (Post 2154692)

you either need to boot into android and use the android tethering or you need to change files in your tablet to enable adhoc support .

Yep, OP you would have to root your Android Tablet and replace the wpa_supplicant file with the appropriate one that supports adhoc.

chlodad 11-09-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2154852)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yep, OP you would have to root your Android Tablet and replace the wpa_supplicant file with the appropriate one that supports adhoc.

I read that method, seems more work than I wanted to do, I was hoping there was a wifi app that was an access point not adhoc. Thanks for your reply.

EyeB 11-10-2011 12:11 AM

wmwifirouter works without changing anything... it creates wifi as a "real" wifi and not ad hoc at least for me :S I was able to connect my laptop/ipad/evo to my tp2

not sure if android tablet is "different" than ipad/evo though but I don't got anythign else as a tablet to test lol but the app isn't free

elesbb 11-10-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2154953)
wmwifirouter works without changing anything... it creates wifi as a "real" wifi and not ad hoc at least for me :S I was able to connect my laptop/ipad/evo to my tp2

not sure if android tablet is "different" than ipad/evo though but I don't got anythign else as a tablet to test lol but the app isn't free

it creates an adhoc for me , its even listed in the settings as adhoc , you can change it but im not sure how to make it work .

EDIT: I found this website , you can make it an access point , however you MUST have a wireless router to make it work . http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0806019/

aammiitt 11-10-2011 06:52 PM

I had the same problem, but you need to run updates on your tablet. The most recent update will allow you to connect without any problem!

Hope it works!
Cheers !!!

horndoctor 11-10-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2155042)
it creates an adhoc for me , its even listed in the settings as adhoc , you can change it but im not sure how to make it work .

EDIT: I found this website , you can make it an access point , however you MUST have a wireless router to make it work . WMWifiRouter - Support - Knowledgebase - KB0806019 - Providing an internet feed to a hardware Access Point

Hmm...I didn't know this tidbit.
I'm gonna keep this handy for a later date. ;)
Thanks elesbb!

gTen 11-11-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2155128)
Thanks elesbb!

Its been mentioned before actually..just a lot less recently due to it being cheaper to use the Android port.

elesbb 11-11-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2155128)
Thanks elesbb!

lol no problem ! I was bored at school and decided searching about WMWiFiRouter and stumbled upon it . btw @horndoctor do you like my text below my username ?! :D