PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tutorial: Assign HTC Albums a default folder

If you want HTC Albums to open up to a certain directory every time , all you need to do is edit the shortcut file in a word document . You may either use Resco Explorer to open the .lnk file found in the start menu , or total commander . If you wish to do it on your computer just copy the "Albums.lnk" file to your SD card or Desktop computer then right click and click open with then select notepad .

This is what your shortcut should look like once opened in a Text editor:

Code:
24#"Windows/HTCAlbum.exe" "\My Documents\My Pictures"
Your number may be different . just make sure the first string of characters is navigating to the HTCAlbum.exe file . the second string of characters is the directory for which you wish to open . I call it the default directory .

Any questions feel free to ask !

Last edited by elesbb; 12-05-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: HTC Albums default folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Is there a way to assign a default folder to HTC Albums that way when you tap Albums it opens the default folder and doesnt display EVERY photo on your device ?
Well on the Photos and Videos Tab in Manila you can select a favorite to always show first when you go to that tab. You click on the left softkey Album then click the left softkey Albums to select the one you want then click on the right softkey Menu and select Set As Favorite.

I don't know if that's what you are asking for?

Are you referring to Titanium?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well on the Photos and Videos Tab in Manila you can select a favorite to always show first when you go to that tab. You click on the left softkey Album then click the left softkey Albums to select the one you want then click on the right softkey Menu and select Set As Favorite.

I don't know if that's what you are asking for?

Are you referring to Titanium?
thanks for the reply horndoctor . im refering to sense and i know about setting the "favourite" folder however when you tap "albums" in the start menu i want it to default to "My Pictures" instead of showing every image on the device and memory card . its quite annoying .
Old 12-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
thanks for the reply horndoctor . im refering to sense and i know about setting the "favourite" folder however when you tap "albums" in the start menu i want it to default to "My Pictures" instead of showing every image on the device and memory card . its quite annoying .
Oh, well I think you could make yourself a new link using a link creator and put it in the Windows/Start Menu folder then find the My Pictures exe and link the new link to it so when you click on it My Pictures opens.

Maybe...

Last edited by horndoctor; 12-03-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Oh, well I think you could make yourself a new link using a link creator and put it in the Windows/Start Menu folder then find the My Pictures exe and link the new link to it so when you click on it My Pictures opens.

Maybe...
i dont quite follow ....
Old 12-03-2011, 02:26 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

I just looked thru HKLM and HKCU in the registry for ya and couldn't find anything associated with the default location.. only thing in there is "favorites" and which is what horndoc mentioned. Doesn't look like there's an easy way to make htc album open to a designated loation..

If you're looking to create a shortcut to My Pictures, Total Commander can make that very easy for ya. Using TC navigate to My Pictures and go up a folder..ex: if your My Pictures folder is located in My Documents/My Pictures, you want to be in My Documents. Now highlight(click on) my pictures, click "File"(bottom right), then select ">>>>>", and finally "create shortcut". Click on "tree", navigate to Windows/Start Menu/Programs, and hit ok to send it. There should now be a shortcut in your start menu to access My Pictures.. This is how I created a shortcut to my games located on SD.. Hope this helps

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 12-03-2011 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
I just looked thru HKLM and HKCU in the registry for ya and couldn't find anything associated with the default location.. only thing in there is "favorites" and which is what horndoc mentioned. Doesn't look like there's an easy way to make htc album open to a designated loation..

If you're looking to create a shortcut to My Pictures, Total Commander can make that very easy for ya. Using TC navigate to My Pictures and go up a folder..ex: if your My Pictures folder is located in My Documents/My Pictures, you want to be in My Documents. Now highlight(click on) my pictures, click "File"(bottom right), then select ">>>>>", and finally "create shortcut". Click on "tree", navigate to Windows/Start Menu/Programs, and hit ok to send it. There should now be a shortcut in your start menu to access My Pictures.. This is how I created a shortcut to my games located on SD.. Hope this helps
that's helpful , but I want HTC albums to open to my pictures directory that way HTC albums is showing that directory . I may be able to do something like that but have an argument included .
Old 12-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Try putting a shortcut to a specific picture in my pictures on the start screen. So that way if HTC ALBUM is the default picture viewer it will open to that and then display all the pics in that folder only. Works for me all the time when I look at my folder of Latinas
Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Threadstarter

I ROCK ! lol . i figured it out , i just created a link and edited it with Pocket Word to add the argument "\My Pictures" and it worked now i might just start using Albums instead of Resco Photo Explorer . Maybe . i still love Resco Photo Explorer . Thanks for helping me brainstorm everyone !
Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
I ROCK ! lol . i figured it out , i just created a link and edited it with Pocket Word to add the argument "\My Pictures" and it worked now i might just start using Albums instead of Resco Photo Explorer . Maybe . i still love Resco Photo Explorer . Thanks for helping me brainstorm everyone !
No problem amigo, that's what we're here for. Glad you figured it out and got it working the way you wanted!! Maybe you should edit the first post and turn this thread into a tutorial on how you did it.. That way any future members who may want to make the changes can easily do it..
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2