PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time TP2 user! just bought one for $40

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
thanks for the battery tip... $30 for two batts and a charger isnt bad, not for 1900mah cells anyway.

ive been playing with the phone the whole time. even pretty girls didnt distract me today, i was in the phone zone.

@resinis I bet if they were some hot spicy Latinas you would've gotten distracted.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
I use the FRX07.1 and it runs alot smoother then my windows mobile side right now.
I mean, yes it has its flaws here and there, it will randomly restart and freeze alot, but my windows side does that too. I think its just the phone
Actually @aedon i believe this is caused by too high of an overclock value . i noticed that lowering it by one 19.2 multiple solved it . both windows and android . and no offence i dont see how android runs smoother , with my custom ROM windows runs like a champ . i love it ! i just miss all the aps that android has :/
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just installed calligrapher. it was a $10 app, but its too freakin cool! i could use this on the jobsite when i have gloves on... send texts without dexterity would be nice!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Actually @aedon i believe this is caused by too high of an overclock value . i noticed that lowering it by one 19.2 multiple solved it . both windows and android . and no offence i dont see how android runs smoother , with my custom ROM windows runs like a champ . i love it ! i just miss all the aps that android has :/
It runs smoother because of the fact that my phone is at ropes end.
Im on stock 6.1 with sense off and its still very laggy and glitchy.

I can type a text massage and by the time i have finished physically typing a 100 character message, the phone has only inputed maybe the 50th or 60th character onscreen.

and after the message send my screen will freeze for a good minute or so.
If I get a phone call and the screen is off, forget about answering >.>

I have to call back cause the screen wont respond

On android on the other hand, even if it has its laggy issues, It works better then my windows side nowdays
its just as slow to text but it doesnt freeze as much
Old 11-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Wow... what a user challenge you have going on there aedon!

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 11-08-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
how the heck do you provision the data service on this thing?

its been activated now for a few hours, yet data wont connect yet. on my last phone, in the settings menu there was a selection to update the PRL and also a data update thing, and i would just use those to setup the data.

i did run the sprint cab included in the energy rom. it did setup the network to connect to *777, as it should... but after multiple soft resets it still wont connect the data.

were are the options to update the PRL in this rom?
You should always provision data before any flashing.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
You should always provision data before any flashing.

really? before the flash?
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
really? before the flash?
I dont think thats necissary...
It should provision itself on start up after a flash.
If it doesnt thats what the provision cab is for.

I dont see any point in provisioning befor a flash when it formates everything and just has to reconfigure to the towers after boot up anyway

@Tink
no kidding >.>
its getting very annoying. It didnt happen till I flashed the energy sensity rom.
It fubared my phone.. sensicty just takes more then the tp2 can handle and I think it permenetly affected its processing power
Old 11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just reiterating what I've been told, I tend to mind the 5 P's and not take chances....besides its good practice.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

um you provision after you flash a rom , unless you are flashing stock . when you flash a ROM all data is wiped out . to provision , you either use a cab , or do it mainly , which sucks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2