PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time TP2 user! just bought one for $40

well just to brag, my $40 tp2 is still chillin like a villein. still rockin the lead rom, i have added about a dozen apps from the marketplace and it loves to run at 750mhz.

also, tethering via usb with the built in internet sharing app works great in this rom. and, its a heck of a lot faster then my treo pro ever gave me while tethering. in fact, i think i might switch my old mogul phone in my car to a tp2 just for the faster internet speed.... i could actually use this phone for that, and buy another used (less scratched) tp2 on ebay for $75

i still love winmo 6 by the way! im a microsoft junkie, i cant help it.

Last edited by resinis; 11-11-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, motorola droid 2 global
Carrier: verizon

skaravanic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I don't know what thread to put this in, but I have a real slow internet connection, and have scrolled through hundreds of threads. So forgive me, I'll put this here and hope someone can help me. I've owned 2 regular stock htc tp2 with win 6.5, but just recently bought a phone advertised as htc with android ROm. when I received it, I found that the sd card was removed and the android part won't run without it. How do I get the android back on the phone. It says now that it is running "energy" and was updated 1-23-12. The 3G data on it won't work either. Also the keyboard fn section mixed up some typing. Any help out there, or direction on a better thread for this info? thanks. sunni
Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaravanic View Post
I don't know what thread to put this in, but I have a real slow internet connection, and have scrolled through hundreds of threads. So forgive me, I'll put this here and hope someone can help me. I've owned 2 regular stock htc tp2 with win 6.5, but just recently bought a phone advertised as htc with android ROm. when I received it, I found that the sd card was removed and the android part won't run without it. How do I get the android back on the phone. It says now that it is running "energy" and was updated 1-23-12. The 3G data on it won't work either. Also the keyboard fn section mixed up some typing. Any help out there, or direction on a better thread for this info? thanks. sunni
We have an android section. What kind of android phone is it? It sounds like you bought a phone that was rooted and had a custom Rom installed. Is this right?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Lurker

skaravanic is a n00b

yes, I think thie htc tp2 has had a custom ROM put in it. It says "energy" when I look, and HTC sense when the phone opens, then it you press "action" button down on the bottom, then shut down button, it has screen with several options, the next to the last says boot loader, if you slide that one it tries to boot the android, but since the sd card didn't come with the phone it won't boot into android. But they put an "android" type lock on the "sense" part. My biggest problem now is no 3G on this. I went into the program that says carrier, and hit the button for verizon provisioning, it said installing the cab. But no difference, no 3g still. Maybe if I got the android reput on a sd card it would run? But how to do?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaravanic
yes, I think thie htc tp2 has had a custom ROM put in it. It says "energy" when I look, and HTC sense when the phone opens, then it you press "action" button down on the bottom, then shut down button, it has screen with several options, the next to the last says boot loader, if you slide that one it tries to boot the android, but since the sd card didn't come with the phone it won't boot into android. But they put an "android" type lock on the "sense" part. My biggest problem now is no 3G on this. I went into the program that says carrier, and hit the button for verizon provisioning, it said installing the cab. But no difference, no 3g still. Maybe if I got the android reput on a sd card it would run? But how to do?
I suggest you dial *228 and choose option 1 to reprogram your phone and update your PRL. That should help your data problem.

If you want to run Android on your TP2 you can get at least a 1GB microSD card and follow the installation instructions in the Android on TP2 forum here or maybe look into learning how to run Android from NAND to use Android exclusively. I suggest you go the SD route first and then after you do your homework maybe attempt the NAND route.

I doubt just getting Android running on your device will fix your data problem because you have some sort of problem with your data settings which will most likely persist regardless of what OS or interface you are using because they both use the same settings.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Lurker

skaravanic is a n00b

I think your right about the phone settings. I have done the *228 several times, still nothing, I called tech support, they finally said wipe the whole phone clean. Did that, still nothing. Did it without sd card, and did it with 16GB card. I get EV instead of 3G. I do notice that when the phone was reset it goes to Sprint although it says Verizon on the phone. I reinstall the verizon cab, and am going through all the settings to see how to get Sprint out (although I would like to keep that option) I really don't think the Verizon tech quys really know much about resetting these phones, but I tried them anyway. Maybe I will call again and see if I can get someone more knowledgable.
This phone has a "carrier provisioning" app with 4 choices - Sprint first, Verizon 2nd, Telus and then US cellular as options to run their cabs. Looked through the registry to find the cabs, wanting to back them up onto an sd card if I try anything, wnted to have a backup but havent found them yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. I may try eventually to do the install you mentioned. I'm a little nervous about this, nubie here, and don't want to brick this phone.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Lurker

skaravanic is a n00b

thanks horndoctor, I didn't realize they use the same settings. Found the cabs in windows and copied to my card. Now I don't know what all settings to change. Somehow I thing Sprint is set in here, although verizon cab installed, it doesn't give me any option besides Sprint on ISP provider section. Do you know how to change that?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Lurker

skaravanic is a n00b

in comm manager, settings, phone, network tab says current network in verizon wireless now, but under cdma services tab, location setting, says US cellular! How do I get US cellular location out?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaravanic View Post
I think your right about the phone settings. I have done the *228 several times, still nothing, I called tech support, they finally said wipe the whole phone clean. Did that, still nothing. Did it without sd card, and did it with 16GB card. I get EV instead of 3G. I do notice that when the phone was reset it goes to Sprint although it says Verizon on the phone. I reinstall the verizon cab, and am going through all the settings to see how to get Sprint out (although I would like to keep that option) I really don't think the Verizon tech quys really know much about resetting these phones, but I tried them anyway. Maybe I will call again and see if I can get someone more knowledgable.
This phone has a "carrier provisioning" app with 4 choices - Sprint first, Verizon 2nd, Telus and then US cellular as options to run their cabs. Looked through the registry to find the cabs, wanting to back them up onto an sd card if I try anything, wnted to have a backup but havent found them yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. I may try eventually to do the install you mentioned. I'm a little nervous about this, nubie here, and don't want to brick this phone.
OK, first tell me what model TP2 do you have? I assumed you have the Verizon branded version. I would then suggest flashing the shipped rom for your device. If it is Verizon and it is already HSPL unlocked to flash custom roms (which has to be the case if it has Energy ROM on it) then you may need to flash this rom:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...hlight=verizon

After flashing that ROM, if it is activated and you do *228, it should work properly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2