PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If you like using sense, try lead rom. Looks stock, very snappy and with a little overclocking really flys.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: First time TP2 user! just bought one for $40

one thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is an extended battery, slim ones fit with the original backcover so it doesn't make phone thicker

I bought 2 from chichitec that work well, they are the 1900 mAh slim battery, a little expensive maybe :S i think it cost me a little under $30 for 2 of them with the wall charger but I'm happy with them. The one works well enough to get me 2 full days on a single charge with a little left but I charge it so I can get through 3rd day. If you decide to go with this battery, use the code OFF10 for 10% off purchase. (Yeah, it's a free ad for them, but I do like the battery lol)
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If you want to run android just buy a android device.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thanks for the battery tip... $30 for two batts and a charger isnt bad, not for 1900mah cells anyway.

ive been playing with the phone the whole time. even pretty girls didnt distract me today, i was in the phone zone.

after playing around, i am pretty much wowed by this phone. i agree, the ui speed with sense isnt a speed demon, but its still about the same speed as my treo pro with a fast rom on it so it doesnt bother me much. the biggest problems come when i hit wrong buttons and it takes a second for that to register, so it pops up weird shit when i dont expect. i just need to learn how to hold this thing, and how to navigate it better... ill get it

this phone does have a chunk missing from a corner... so it was clearly dropped. i dont think the ebay ad stated that, because you can see the plastic is broken and actually with indentations. it looks like it hit concrete from about 10ft. all seems great though, the phone is still very tightly constructed, no loose hinges or anything and all the buttons work fine. i got a great deal on this imo, at least for me as a construction worker this used scuffed up phone is perfect.

i DID get the internet working. i had to install a cab file i found using google... it installed the PRL updater and the profile updater. i dont know why those arent in the rom, because my internet simply wouldnt work until i ran those programs.

ive noticed this phone is geared toward streaming media, and it has tv out!! thats a whole other day of playin around right there boy.....
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Is this your first smartphone?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

no.. i referenced my old treo pro and treo 800w only a few times?

that is of course, if you count those as smart phones!

so today i worked on the jobsite with my tp2 ran by energy rom. as soon as i got home, i started the process of re-flashing with the LEAD rom

the energy rom was really nice, but i could already foresee it being too slow. it was OK today, but i just know once i load it up with programs, texts and call logs it will get worse. this lead rom is so much faster its a little ridiculous!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
thanks for the battery tip... $30 for two batts and a charger isnt bad, not for 1900mah cells anyway.

ive been playing with the phone the whole time. even pretty girls didnt distract me today, i was in the phone zone.

after playing around, i am pretty much wowed by this phone. i agree, the ui speed with sense isnt a speed demon, but its still about the same speed as my treo pro with a fast rom on it so it doesnt bother me much. the biggest problems come when i hit wrong buttons and it takes a second for that to register, so it pops up weird shit when i dont expect. i just need to learn how to hold this thing, and how to navigate it better... ill get it

this phone does have a chunk missing from a corner... so it was clearly dropped. i dont think the ebay ad stated that, because you can see the plastic is broken and actually with indentations. it looks like it hit concrete from about 10ft. all seems great though, the phone is still very tightly constructed, no loose hinges or anything and all the buttons work fine. i got a great deal on this imo, at least for me as a construction worker this used scuffed up phone is perfect.

i DID get the internet working. i had to install a cab file i found using google... it installed the PRL updater and the profile updater. i dont know why those arent in the rom, because my internet simply wouldnt work until i ran those programs.

ive noticed this phone is geared toward streaming media, and it has tv out!! thats a whole other day of playin around right there boy.....
Update PRL and Profile is included in the shipped/stock rom. It's located on the System Tab when you go to All Settings.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah but in LEAD's rom, it appears to be in the settings tab on the home screen only. if you use that settings link, it takes you to a custom setup page that allows you to do the prl and the profile updates.

i didnt know this until after i installed the cabs manually. oh well, for next time...

this phone is A_W_E_S_O_M_E. i found a good overclocking app that lets it run at 750mhz even on battery power. this thing is so freakin fast it actually feels like my desktop! its much snappier then my n270 netbook too... its actually fun to use this phone.

ive been using windows mobile phones since the mogul/wm5 days, and i gotta say THIS is what wm was always supposed to be like. and i love the call quality too, people never ask me to repeat myself anymore, and i can always hear them clear as a bell... this thing just smokes my treo pro so bad that that old phone is childs play. and i paid the same $40 !

i see a couple tp2's on ebay now for about $70 shipped... i might get my buddy one for xmas and just deck it all out like i did mine with the roms and upgrades...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

What a glowing review resinis!! Thank you for the input!!

Old 11-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Umm just to clarify, FRX07 (android) works great for daily use. Yes you can make phone calls.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...e-release.html

I completely agree,
I use the FRX07.1 and it runs alot smoother then my windows mobile side right now.
I mean, yes it has its flaws here and there, it will randomly restart and freeze alot, but my windows side does that too. I think its just the phone

and at @elesbb
the tp2 would have been a beast with a 1gtz, but you gata keep in mind that this is an "old" device by todays standards. I dont think they had many if any 1gtz processors in phones back in 08/09.
And like I stated above, I use android on my tp2 more then windows.
it works for exactly what I need it for.
I dont care if angry birds doesnt work lol

to the OP, its good you went through the process of installing the prl and profile by hand. alot of roms Ive tried out dont even have them.
Energy roms for instance, only have a provision cab that is suppose to include them in it but i dont think it works at all.
I think its retarded that they were taken out. I had alot of data issues when they were "upgrading" my towers and it wasnt till then that I realized that energy took the profile updates out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2