PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who still loves WM ?

Lol felt like copying @horndoctor

Well guys what do you think of WM yet ? anyone still like it ? how many people us WM as their default and why ? how many people switched to Android and why ?

Have fun but keep the arguments and comments polite

Everyone is entitled to their opinion !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

WM will always have a spot in my heart, but it has come to a point where Android does most of the stuff WM does and since WM isn't being updated and all the devs pretty much left and windows embedded 7 will never end up on a cell phone there really is not much choice.

I mean software aside it just ended up as a hardware game, give it 5 more years and we will have cellphones with 1 week or even unlimited battery life running 16 core processors, 32gb ram and 256gb rom. There just comes a point where we must move on :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I switched because I wanted the HTC Evo. I wanted the first device with 4g on sprint and I wanted a device with more horsepower, larger screen, etc. If Sprint would have offered the hd2 at the same time T mobile did, it would have been a tough decision though. Also switched because I wanted to try out Android for the first time. I do miss winmo though and the great Diamond and TP2 community. Lots of fun back in the day for sure. Based on the amount of users in the HTC winmo section daily, I would say a lot of people are still using it.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
WM will always have a spot in my heart, but it has come to a point where Android does most of the stuff WM does and since WM isn't being updated and all the devs pretty much left and windows embedded 7 will never end up on a cell phone there really is not much choice.

I mean software aside it just ended up as a hardware game, give it 5 more years and we will have cellphones with 1 week or even unlimited battery life running 16 core processors, 32gb ram and 256gb rom. There just comes a point where we must move on :/
Agreed , but like you said , WM will ALWAYS have a place in my heart , i have learned so much from you guys here and i have WM to thank for that . Its where i started ! But you are right when you say its just time to move on , i personally feel if WM would still have programs being made that it would be great , but i guess companys want their money so they came out with something new :/ im still using WM . Prolly will till my contract expires , and prolly then again a few times after . Thanks to all those who enriched the experience of WM
Old 10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I liked wimo and the vogue was my first smartphone. Plain winmo is fugly but our devs did wonders. I moved to android because i love to theme and have choice. Besides most of the winmo devs went android too.

My next favorite os was webos. Shame it never really took off plus the palm community is the best ive seen.

As far as wp7 its a slap in the face to the former winmo devs. Its too locked down for me

Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Still love it and still use it and probably will for a while yet. Obviously, I'll have to move on some time. Probably to WP7. We shall see...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Still love it and still use it and probably will for a while yet. Obviously, I'll have to move on some time. Probably to WP7. We shall see...
same here man ! love wm !
Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I LOVE WM.
its a shame its pretty much dead.
I am going android here in the next few days though.. I cant stand windows 7.. and I hate iphone even more lol.

Its just comming down to picking between a few dif droids.

Anyway.. as for why I love wm..
-first smart phone
-first touch screen
-made my first apps for a wm
-first skins
-first.. well you get the point

Im still loving my tp2. It has to be one of the best devices I'll ever own. But its dying inside a little every day
it just cant keep up with me anymore. sadest face ever.

but gten is right.. eventually we will have phones in our pockets that outspec current day high power laptops lol
its a waiting game...

I choose to go android because of the list of things I have to choose from.. droid is the only thing left I can tweek and sink my teeth into
iphone? pfffft. you cant do shit on them,
windows 7 phones? pffft. iphone wana be.

"Dear Microsoft,

Windows Mobile was the best thing ever.
You peaked at windows mobile 6.5
We want windows mobile back, not windows phone...

sincerely
Everyone"
Old 10-27-2011, 07:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint/boost

biga1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
same here man ! love wm !
WM still rocks!! Flashdance and custom ROMs keep me entertained. The hardware on the TP2 is just not there for XDAndroid to be my main OS. It's not the same. Something about polishing a turd.....
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biga1 View Post
....The hardware on the TP2 is just not there for XDAndroid to be my main OS. It's not the same. Something about polishing a turd.....
couldn't have said it better myself !! its cool every once in a while , but everyday hell no . and @aedon Eric showed me a thread about cooking ROMs for windows phone 7 and a bunch of other hacking things , after I read that , it may make my upgrade choice a bit harder . but agreed on iPhone , they just suck . and I don't think windows phone 7 is iPhone wanna be , nothing about windows phone 7 is like iPhone , its a million times better . if you don't like techy stuff and tweaking , then windows phone 7 is for you .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2