PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Its not surprising..he is on 4G..on sprint 4g..

1bar= ~2mb-4mb
2bar= ~4mb-7mb
3bar= ~7mb-10mb

Texas is like the official 4g state lol..it has the most 4g markets of any state for some reason :/..

Like all things, sprint is good in some places, bad in other places. This goes for all networks..Sprint has gotten worse over the past year due to loosing towers but to some places the difference is less then others.

But aedon..to be fair by ratings, Sprint right now is unfortunately the slowest network ...and just 1 year ago they used to be the fastest....most of that has to do with them pausing all network development to figure out what they are gonna do next. Due to this they lost over 6 months in network development. Hopefully they are able to catch up in 2013 with LTE-Advanced that they promised.

Personally I can't wait for LTE-Advanced..my below 4g regular LTE speeds are just too slow for me :/ lol
@gTen his screenshots show the 3G logo rather than 4G.

And @aedon no reason to be a sprint boy, actual facts show that sprint isn't doing too well at all. Look at the community forums and u'll see countless threads on the slow speeds. Sprint is also the slowest carrier and here's the proof:

http://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks-2011

Last edited by eric12341; 12-04-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@gTen his screenshots show the 3G logo rather than 4G.

And @aedon no reason to be a sprint boy, actual facts show that sprint isn't doing too well at all. Look at the community forums and u'll see countless threads on the slow speeds. Sprint is also the slowest carrier and here's the proof:

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011 | PCMag.com
impossible, that is beyond Evdo Rev A specifications, either he has a theme that shows 3G or he took the results in 4g and then lost/disabled 4g and it shows 3g...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
impossible, that is beyond Evdo Rev A specifications, either he has a theme that shows 3G or he took the results in 4g and then lost/disabled 4g and it shows 3g...
the test was ran with 4g.

The 4g connection was not stable however because of the fact i was in the middle of a 4 story building on the second floor.

So I lost 4g.

and to eric, its not about being "a sprint boy"

wether or not sprint has issues isnt the topic here.
I understand that there are areas that have problems

But that doesnt mean you need to be a "sprint sucks" spokesman
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

I just ran a test using my mobile browser and got this, mind you I don't get 4g!!..

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 12-04-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:59 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
I just ran a test using my mobile browser and got this, mind you I don't get 4g!!..
I wouldn't use sites to do speedtests unless they use something like flash or something...this is due to browsers/isps may cache data and output faster results...some go as far as rendering data on their own server as well before transmitting it to you.

That said before anything I would follow the advice of the speed test tools you used.

"We recommend you try a 2MB or faster test to accurately test your connection"

Max speed of Rev A is I think 3.1mbps

Last edited by gTen; 12-04-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:21 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I wouldn't use sites to do speedtests unless they use something like flash or something...this is due to browsers/isps may cache data and output faster results...some go as far as rendering data on their own server as well before transmitting it to you.

That said before anything I would follow the advice of the speed test tools you used.

"We recommend you try a 2MB or faster test to accurately test your connection"

Max speed of Rev A is I think 3.1mbps
I did use 2MB.. here's another screenshot of the same page showing it.. oh and it always says "We recommend blah blah blah"..

Last edited by lnando84; 12-04-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:43 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I did use 2MB.. here's another screenshot of the same page showing it.. oh and it always says "We recommend blah blah blah"..
Ah, I see..then it must be either caching or remote rendering...because as I said earlier those speeds are not possible on Evdo Rev A due to the limitations of the specifications.

This is similar to when Dr. 8820 did a speed test of his HD2. The numbers he got was way beyond the technical specifications of the HD2...and I think he used same site you are using for the speed test...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Here's what I also use sometimes iPhone speedtest this along with the bandwidth app they all give me the same results. @lnando84 should retry his tests using the other site and a speedtest app.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

do you or your neighbor have an airave? that seems to be the same bandwidth I get with it on.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Here's what I also use sometimes iPhone speedtest this along with the bandwidth app they all give me the same results. @lnando84 should retry his tests using the other site and a speedtest app.
LOL now I "should" try this and "should" try that.. Next you'll have me jumping thru hoops to prove it.. Come on man, be real!! I used the link IN YOUR SIGNATURE so don't tell me you use other methods when all the proof is right there.. HATERS will always hate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
do you or your neighbor have an airave? that seems to be the same bandwidth I get with it on.
No I personally don't have one but maybe one of my neighbors do.. funny how I'm getting those speeds(in my hand) yet have others tell me it's not possible, even when i post the proof..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2