PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
My mom and I both have SERO, so we have to buy the phones online cause we would loose sero if we buy them instore.
So my mom ordered one online and had it billed to the account.

So now that she payed it off, I was going to order mine.
But it wouldnt let me bill it to the account.
I talked to a rep in the chatt and she said that as of september no new costumer could have a phone billed to the account.

so I said "im not a new customer, ive had an account for almost 10 years now. AND, my mom just bought hers and billed it the the account on october 5th"

So then I got transfered to another chat and I told them the situation and they said "sorry but as of october 5th, all phone payments are requiered upfront, we no longer accept add to bill payments."

so i said fuck it and left the chat
Yup, its one of their new policies as part of the iphone tax >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@mastergadgets I wasn't bashing u I just said that u may be among one of the many on this site who expressed negative opinions towards WP in one of the first front page articles about it. Half of them who had such an opinion ended up liking it after trying it. Wish I could pull up that article but they know who they are. I think @Aleki was one of them.
I'll openly admit that I was very critical when I first learned about M$'s new direction; and in some ways, I still feel WP7 is missing some critical features that were available in WM. But after giving the OS some time, it has really grown on me, and I think the new facelift is a step in the right direction..

I probably should mention that I am currently using an iPhone 4s(promised I'd give the OS a fair shot); and after a little over two days of use, I am finding the iPhone doesnt have much to offer over WP7. A couple of things that stand out in the iPhone is the sense of refinement of their 3rd party apps(telenav has a very nice polished look, and runs much more fluid than its WP7 and android counterparts); and the android-esque notification slate is a really nifty way to deliver glanceable updates(I love how the weather and stock feed is on the ball). But the OS, as I see it, is really two steps behind WP7.5 and Android.
Just a sample of a few nagging differences:
-The menu system is quite unintuitive and vague
-I find myself wishing the back button was a dedicated key
-I am really dissapointed to learn how Podcasts do not self-update without a computer being present.
-The home screen is a mess!

In closing, I really think that if iPhone users(even some android guys) were to give WP a shot, I could see them selling off their iDevices and being content with WP7.5. I feel that Microsoft's lukewarm app collection is the only thing really keeping them from winning people over.

Last edited by Aleki; 11-28-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

the app collection is thing that keeps me away :S I'll admit that now... well that and I haven't had a proper chance to play with a windows phone from lack of funds to get one lol
Old 11-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
the app collection is thing that keeps me away :S I'll admit that now... well that and I haven't had a proper chance to play with a windows phone from lack of funds to get one lol
Playing around with android mods and such, there is tool called Betokened avd manager that opens a window and emulated an android phone.
It works from android 1.0.0 all the way to 4.0.1!
It's pretty much a fully functional phone on screen.

Perhaps there is something like that out there for windows 7?

Sent from my PG86100
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

oh no i meant the WP7 app collection

I have android port for TP2 and a garminfone :P both not up to date but gives me enough of an experience for android

and I know about the android emulator for windows 7, it works there too
Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
I'll openly admit that I was very critical when I first learned about M$'s new direction; and in some ways, I still feel WP7 is missing some critical features that were available in WM. But after giving the OS some time, it has really grown on me, and I think the new facelift is a step in the right direction..

I probably should mention that I am currently using an iPhone 4s(promised I'd give the OS a fair shot); and after a little over two days of use, I am finding the iPhone doesnt have much to offer over WP7. A couple of things that stand out in the iPhone is the sense of refinement of their 3rd party apps(telenav has a very nice polished look, and runs much more fluid than its WP7 and android counterparts); and the android-esque notification slate is a really nifty way to deliver glanceable updates(I love how the weather and stock feed is on the ball). But the OS, as I see it, is really two steps behind WP7.5 and Android.
Just a sample of a few nagging differences:
-The menu system is quite unintuitive and vague
-I find myself wishing the back button was a dedicated key
-I am really dissapointed to learn how Podcasts do not self-update without a computer being present.
-The home screen is a mess!

In closing, I really think that if iPhone users(even some android guys) were to give WP a shot, I could see them selling off their iDevices and being content with WP7.5. I feel that Microsoft's lukewarm app collection is the only thing really keeping them from winning people over.
supposedly WP has 90% of the most wanted apps that android and iOS have either by being official or generic however alot of the things people get apps for are already in the OS.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Playing around with android mods and such, there is tool called Betokened avd manager that opens a window and emulated an android phone.
It works from android 1.0.0 all the way to 4.0.1!
It's pretty much a fully functional phone on screen.

Perhaps there is something like that out there for windows 7?

Sent from my PG86100
I found this Windows Phone Mango demo..from your mobile browser head to http://aka.ms/wpdemo and give it a try..

Edit: actually works from any browser..

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 11-29-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
supposedly WP has 90% of the most wanted apps that android and iOS have either by being official or generic however alot of the things people get apps for are already in the OS.
Yes, but the big problem I see is that the apps seem a little rushed by comparison. As I said before, I'm really digging the TeleNav on the iPhone.
-the 3D map panning is much more fluid, and less encumbersome to use
-the GPS lock is absolutely solid, and the rerouts work almost immediately; where on the WP7, it takes a good 5 seconds for it to figure i'm off track.
-the program continues to work with the screen off.
-Music continues to play after TeleNav speaks the direction!

Unfortunately, people leaning torwards apple will probably find this reason enough to buy one, but I feel M$ would have a better time selling their handsets if they would push the major players to top their own apps.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
@aedon Riiiight um, yea how are the sprint towers in ur area today is ur resolution date, are u finally getting the advertised speeds?
I spouse this would be a better answer

did a speed test from the sig picture you have

The only option that would work was the 1 MB file, the rest would say that the resaults were to fast

this is what i got.

1968 kbit / sec
latency was .5s
dl time was 4.69 sec

thats on 3/5 bars of 3g
Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
If there's a Team-viewer app(Remote Desktop,) Gmote (HTPC Control,) Swype, Flash Video app that lets me watch live sports from Firstrowsports I'll check out WP7!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2