PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 10:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dubroz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
READ BEFORE REPLACING LCD SCREEN

I just went through an LCD screen and digitizer replacement. There is ONE big surprise .... when peeling the tape off the back of the LCd to remove the flex cable, just pulling on the tape adhesive will rip the flex table!

I followed these directions, the issue I am talking about is step 31 ....

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=qBw0vTDybuE

The replacement cost is $40, I picked up a used TP2 on craigslist for $50 instead and won't be taking it a part.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Re: READ BEFORE REPLACING LCD SCREEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
I just went through an LCD screen and digitizer replacement. There is ONE big surprise .... when peeling the tape off the back of the LCd to remove the flex cable, just pulling on the tape adhesive will rip the flex table!

I followed these directions, the issue I am talking about is step 31 ....

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=qBw0vTDybuE

The replacement cost is $40, I picked up a used TP2 on craigslist for $50 instead and won't be taking it a part.

ya I had an issue replacing my screen as well.
all that tar they use to have the screen stay glued to the frame got all over the inside of the phone.

When i pealed the tape off the inside and tried to seperate the glass screen from the lcd, the sheets of the lcd split apart.

I had to get a new lcd
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
ya I had an issue replacing my screen as well.
all that tar they use to have the screen stay glued to the frame got all over the inside of the phone.

When i pealed the tape off the inside and tried to seperate the glass screen from the lcd, the sheets of the lcd split apart.

I had to get a new lcd
i found a paint thinner or mineral spirits soaked towel or like object worked beautifuly to seperate them . just would squeeze out a little bit at a time as i needed it .
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
i found a paint thinner or mineral spirits soaked towel or like object worked beautifuly to seperate them . just would squeeze out a little bit at a time as i needed it .
it was just the first one it happend to.
I didnt expect it that time

any time after that it was all gravy lol
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
it was just the first one it happend to.
I didnt expect it that time

any time after that it was all gravy lol
thats the way to do it ! =D>
Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

haha try and fail.. then dont fail again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2