PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I understand frequencies would affect things such signal but how in the heck would or could it affect something like screen input ? that's hardware , no frequencies are being sent between the digitizer and LCD that's all pressure related ..
Easy, I'll use a EMP as an example, when an EMP is used it fries the circuit of the hardware not affecting software therefore it's safe to say any hardware of any electronic device is subject to alteration/destruction by magnetics if they are strong enough.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: My HTC touch pro 2 screen does not work in some areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Easy, I'll use a EMP as an example, when an EMP is used it fries the circuit of the hardware not affecting software therefore it's safe to say any hardware of any electronic device is subject to alteration/destruction by magnetics if they are strong enough.

well an EMP would render a device completely useless , forever , not keep the screen from working .. Plus anything close to that is only in prototype mode .
Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
well an EMP would render a device completely useless , forever , not keep the screen from working .. Plus anything close to that is only in prototype mode .
What are you talking about? EMP exist in nature and nuclear arms emit an EMP also. And I said EMP as an example. The effect of electromagnetism(servo motor of a assembly robot) on electronics can depend on many factors(harmonics,intensity,etc.) and display numerous behaviors on said device. What do you think shielding is for? It's not just for radio interference.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: MTN
Threadstarter

Jonathan at Design is a n00b

Quote:
I understand frequencies would affect things such signal but how in the heck would or could it affect something like screen input ? that's hardware , no frequencies are being sent between the digitizer and LCD that's all pressure related ..
If its pressure related, how would it work anywhere except in my office?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post

LOL!
This is basically what I was referring to when I initially responded to the OP but I didn't want to go into the details as you have. I didn't want to open up the can of worms.
If we keep trying to figure this out this thread could continue indefinitely!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
LOL!
This is basically what I was referring to when I initially responded to the OP but I didn't want to go into the details as you have. I didn't want to open up the can of worms.
Yep and that is why I kept asking questions and low and behold the guy makes frigging robots...have you ever witnessed one of those things in action in person? I have, my childhood best friend's father built them in a small shop he owned. Imagine if you will a 800 pound chunk of aluminum, steel and titanium whipping around faster than your eye can follow abruptly stopping with pinpoint accuracy. The motors required for this are so powerful its amazing and the more powerful a motor the larger the magnetic field.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
LOL!
Yep and that is why I kept asking questions and low and behold the guy makes frigging robots...have you ever witnessed one of those things in action in person? I have, my childhood best friend's father built them in a small shop he owned. Imagine if you will a 800 pound chunk of aluminum, steel and titanium whipping around faster than your eye can follow abruptly stopping with pinpoint accuracy. The motors required for this are so powerful its amazing and the more powerful a motor the larger the magnetic field.

Sounds pretty cool...but dangerous! lol!
I think I'd be wearing some protective gear including a cup. lmao!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: MTN
Threadstarter

Jonathan at Design is a n00b

I don't build the robots.... LOL I passed that ages ago when the company got bigger. Now you get people to do it for you. If only we could change the name of this thread called Cool Robots 'n sh....
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jjennings2510 is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Very weird. I am an electrician and you know what? My phone started doing something similar...during the day it was hit or miss on whether or not it would work...but at home after a couple of hours it would work again.....unfortunately after a couple of weeks of that my digitizer went out completely......wouldn't work anywhere.....just weird how these things work out....but your digitizer is probably going out....major problem with this phone for some reason.....I went thru 4 TP2 phones....but I loved it...even tho WM6.5 is close to outdated now the phone had a lot of features not to mention the ability to dual boot with android...one of the only reasons I kept getting it replaced....but after this last time i just went with the EVO....temporarily until I can save up for the Galaxy S2...(i hate contracts so I will pay full price) sorry to blab off subject....if I were you I would make sure I had a backup phone handy. Nonetheless I will miss my TP2. I actually just deactivated last night when the EVO arrived...........
Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
Very weird. I am an electrician and you know what? My phone started doing something similar...during the day it was hit or miss on whether or not it would work...but at home after a couple of hours it would work again.....unfortunately after a couple of weeks of that my digitizer went out completely......wouldn't work anywhere.....just weird how these things work out....but your digitizer is probably going out....major problem with this phone for some reason.....I went thru 4 TP2 phones....but I loved it...even tho WM6.5 is close to outdated now the phone had a lot of features not to mention the ability to dual boot with android...one of the only reasons I kept getting it replaced....but after this last time i just went with the EVO....temporarily until I can save up for the Galaxy S2...(i hate contracts so I will pay full price) sorry to blab off subject....if I were you I would make sure I had a backup phone handy. Nonetheless I will miss my TP2. I actually just deactivated last night when the EVO arrived...........
@jjennings2510 I still have my TP2, currently retired but it still works perfectly. Kudos to the hating contracts part, i never thought i would hate my contract with sprint right now as im currently trying to get out of it because of the slow speeds and how they are really affecting the enjoyment of my arrive and my productivity in general.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc, screen not working, touch pro 2, windows mobile