PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

collin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS migration problems after 6.1 to 6.5 upgrade

I finally got around to upgrading my Sprint TP2 with stock 6.1 to a 6.5 Energy ROM. I backed up my SMS using PIMBackup before the flash and then restored it afterwards.

I ran into the following problems:

- I found out the dates for all SMS from 2010 on got set to 2016+. For some reason, I never heard about the 2016 bug so never applied the unofficial or official fixes. This is a serious pain because new SMS incoming show up between 2009 and 2016, which is a lot of slow scrolling down and hard to stop at the right spot when using the scrollbar thumb.

- At some point, I reset the phone and a massive number of old, blank or partial texts got resent out. A bunch of people started texting me back saying, "huh?"

At this point, is there any way to fix the dates on the old text messages? I have a PIMBackup of the messages but I think it may be a binary backup rather than a text one. Alternatively, I mainly just want to save a few important texts and conversations. Is there any way to export or print a threaded SMS conversation to computer for archiving. If I could do this, I'd probably just erase everything from the phone and forget fixing the dates.

If I do another restore trying to fix, how do I prevent the old texts from being sent out? I could go to airplane mode but suspect they will go out again after I turn the radio back on.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: SMS migration problems after 6.1 to 6.5 upgrade

If you saved it as a binary, if I remember correctly, transfer it to your pc, rename it as a zip file and extract it. You can the open it in excel / notepad.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin
I finally got around to upgrading my Sprint TP2 with stock 6.1 to a 6.5 Energy ROM. I backed up my SMS using PIMBackup before the flash and then restored it afterwards.

I ran into the following problems:

- I found out the dates for all SMS from 2010 on got set to 2016+. For some reason, I never heard about the 2016 bug so never applied the unofficial or official fixes. This is a serious pain because new SMS incoming show up between 2009 and 2016, which is a lot of slow scrolling down and hard to stop at the right spot when using the scrollbar thumb.

- At some point, I reset the phone and a massive number of old, blank or partial texts got resent out. A bunch of people started texting me back saying, "huh?"

At this point, is there any way to fix the dates on the old text messages? I have a PIMBackup of the messages but I think it may be a binary backup rather than a text one. Alternatively, I mainly just want to save a few important texts and conversations. Is there any way to export or print a threaded SMS conversation to computer for archiving. If I could do this, I'd probably just erase everything from the phone and forget fixing the dates.

If I do another restore trying to fix, how do I prevent the old texts from being sent out? I could go to airplane mode but suspect they will go out again after I turn the radio back on.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I suggest you clear storage/hard reset then apply the official fix here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1488444-post.html

Then restore your sms backup and see if the dates are correct.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2