PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any way to "turn on" speaker phone while not in a call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
what's it called? I mean the name for the product, not just fm transmitter is it?

I don't mind paying a bit more... I've dealt with ordering from chinese sites before, I got my car mount/charger for TP2 for $5 from one of them but it took almost a month to get here... I'd rather spend a few more dollars than wait that long if possible. Unless the savings are a lot, I can buy "locally" lol
I'll link you to it when I get on my laptop . I forget what its called . and yeah same here . one in new york was like 2 bucks more and would get to me if I ordered yesterday , by wednesday .
Old 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm yeah i bought a fm transmitter sometime in december and have been using it for a month now

I've noticed that the phone doesn't recognize the usb when I plug it into the fm transmitter. Wondering if I could get some help on this. The 3.5mm jack works and I've been using that, but the usb cable when linked to fm transmitter makes it think it is connected to a computer (I get the active sync prompt) instead of the headphones function for usb.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Hmm that's weird, what brand is the FM transmitter? I had a belkin model (that was $55 at Kmart) back in 2006 which was really good that it could even overwrite full power radio stations (sure freaked my gma out when she started hearing profanity on her Christian radio station). As for the problem I don't know exactly what to tell u other than replacing the actual USB cable and see if the issue persists.

Last edited by eric12341; 01-12-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

well it was a rather cheap fm transmitter i suppose, $10 if your's costed $55
but the sound from 3.5mm jack sounds clear so it's good, just wanted to charge it at same time with 1 wire, instead of 2 wires for charging and sound
Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
hm yeah i bought a fm transmitter sometime in december and have been using it for a month now

I've noticed that the phone doesn't recognize the usb when I plug it into the fm transmitter. Wondering if I could get some help on this. The 3.5mm jack works and I've been using that, but the usb cable when linked to fm transmitter makes it think it is connected to a computer (I get the active sync prompt) instead of the headphones function for usb.
thats the transmitter not your phone .... the transmitter ( from what ive read ) isnt a headphone route , its more like a sync route . the transmitter "sees" whats being played and transmits it . its hard to explain . its more of a data port then an actuall audio port , i get the same results when plugging my phone into my souround sound system using the USB port
Old 01-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
well it was a rather cheap fm transmitter i suppose, $10 if your's costed $55
but the sound from 3.5mm jack sounds clear so it's good, just wanted to charge it at same time with 1 wire, instead of 2 wires for charging and sound
@eyeb what brand is it? It might be the same one given the time period. Maybe its price dropped. Needless to say I returned it right after I was done with it. (only needed it for a college trip for one of the clubs I was in).
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
thats the transmitter not your phone .... the transmitter ( from what ive read ) isnt a headphone route , its more like a sync route . the transmitter "sees" whats being played and transmits it . its hard to explain . its more of a data port then an actuall audio port , i get the same results when plugging my phone into my souround sound system using the USB port
@elesbb that most certainly is a weird phenomena,never heard of that happening.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@eyeb what brand is it? It might be the same one given the time period. Maybe its price dropped. Needless to say I returned it right after I was done with it. (only needed it for a college trip for one of the clubs I was in).
@elesbb that most certainly is a weird phenomena,never heard of that happening.

i actually called RCA about it and they said its because its not an iPod -.- and that it actually plays the files from it . for instance , the iPod acts as a flash drive but because of the way the iPod is set up it plays the music . it pretty much comes down to it wasnt designed for WinMO xP
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

hm i really dont know the brand... it doesn't say anything on it... shows how cheap it was but in this case, cheap is good enough for me, the sound is crystal clear (or at least same as other radio stations), now if only slacker would fix it's bug of dropping connection after a song or 2 lol

I just wanted 1 cord to play and charge instead of 2... thought there might be a hack or something for this :S

edit: one odd piece of thing I did see was the car radio seems to use the phone as an antenna lol, opposite of how the phone needs ear piece as antenna. But I can turn the radio to a station that I normally don't get or isn't clear, plug in the phone to the fm transmitter set to that station, and it becomes clearer or I pick up something where as I didn't before. Of course the phone is off during this so I know the sound isn't coming from phone streaming something...

Last edited by EyeB; 01-15-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
hm i really dont know the brand... it doesn't say anything on it... shows how cheap it was but in this case, cheap is good enough for me, the sound is crystal clear (or at least same as other radio stations), now if only slacker would fix it's bug of dropping connection after a song or 2 lol

I just wanted 1 cord to play and charge instead of 2... thought there might be a hack or something for this :S

edit: one odd piece of thing I did see was the car radio seems to use the phone as an antenna lol, opposite of how the phone needs ear piece as antenna. But I can turn the radio to a station that I normally don't get or isn't clear, plug in the phone to the fm transmitter set to that station, and it becomes clearer or I pick up something where as I didn't before. Of course the phone is off during this so I know the sound isn't coming from phone streaming something...

Thats wicked ! lol who knows whats going on with the radio waves ! btw where did you buy your transmitter how much was it ? i got mine from ebay and paid like 3 bucks for it . it doesnt sound stereo but then again it might just be my 1986 radio in my Chrysler lebaron xP

EDIT: and does slacker drop with the screen on or off ? i noticd the standby on my phone cut the connection . also believe it or not , it might be sprints horrible data connection . cause when playing with wifi i had absolutly no problems what so ever .
Old 01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i get slacker problem with screen off, it drops on wifi too so i dont think it's sprint...

Since I can stream other things without problems. I just don't want to leave screen on for battery

I also use the reg fix for keep music playing with screen off (if you were going to suggest it :S)

I bought it for about $10... yeah it's more than your $3 but I didn't want to wait for it lol, and $10 is still worth it for me since it has a remote/plays from usb and sd cards too. The remote is point less, it doesn't work unless you are almost touching it, in that point i just reach fingers out and press it lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2