PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue To TP2

Good suggestion there Doc!! That would indeed be the easiest way to determine if he likes the Titanium interface!! Cool!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I personally had no problems with the 6.5 update.
I know alot of people out there say it sucked or that it was slow, but I didnt really notice anything about that untill AFTER I started tweaking and modding the phone.

If you keep most of everything stock, you wont have any issues. Especially if you end up dissabling sense.

I would hold off on flashing a custom rom untill youve had the phone for awhile, once you unlock the device and start flashing, if you get carried away then you can easily ruin the phone befor you know what has happened.
Especially if your not sure what is really going on lol.

Do extensive research befor flashing, ask any question you can think of asking, were here to help
I ran into an issue myself cause I flashed a rom not too long ago (it was a MaxSense based rom) and it pretty much ruined my phone. That roms homescreen took WAAAAAYYYY to much of the processing power of the phone just to run the home screen. It was always freezing and rebooting that it was just a mess. I ended up flashing away from it within a week, but the damage was already done, my phone is very laggy and slow since then. Even running just titanium (striped homescreen without sense that was already mensioned)

I am personally running Energy referance 6.5.3
It is ecencially exactly the same as 6.5 but has a differnet interface and is a bit more finger friendly/ tweekable.

It comes with a hotspot built in, I use it everyday.

And I compleatly understand where your comming from. I too am on 30 dollar SERO
And a 4g device just about doubles the monthly costs.
I dont even get 4g anywhere short of an hour away from here in any direction

Last edited by aedon; 10-22-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I agree with horndoctor and Tinkerbell, also Ti is good for running behind the android HaRet ports, its what I use.
Edit- p.s. I personally think sense is a muddy interface, too many icons that all lead to the same thing.....overdone and basically a cluster-fudge.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 10-22-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Lowranger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I really appreciate all the helpful replies.

I'll begin with the stock setup and take it one step at a time.

It took me a while to get my Vogue the way I like it and I expect a learning curve on the TP2 as well.

This site is full of info and lots of friendly folks I know I can turn to when I need advice.

Once I examined all my options and decided to stick with Sero/Winmo it only made sense to go with the TP2. The top-flight device available to me on Sprint.

I'm really quite excited about the adventure ahead.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2