PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Java in Opera.....Verizon TP2

I was about to jump ship and get the iphone 4s as it seems that my TP2 was get more and more worthless when trying to view web pages.

I'd try to go to a webpage and when I think it's done loading, I'd expand the screen with a double tap and then the screen (apparantly still loading) would jump around (make the content smaller) and much of the time turn white and stop.

So while I was chatting it up with the Verizon rep, he was real high on the Samsung Charge. Researched the Charge and found a video clip review where the reviewer was having the same problem with the Charge. He then went on to show how it can be fixed by turning off Java.

It occurred to me that the opera brower has an option to turn java off and on. So I sent in and turned it off. Now websites using Opera load faster, and behaves properly. It seems to me that I had sometimes in the past turned java on in Opera and didn't connect that to having web page problems. Turning it off sure has seemed to help.

I think I'll at least keep my TP2 for a few more days.

Would like to hear from others if they have had any experience with Java being too much for the TP2 or if maybe there is a newer version that doesn't cause problems.

I'm just speculating that given the size of the processor in the TP2, it just isn't powerful enough to do everything its called on to do and do it well with java turned on. By the way, I'm not running any other applications while web browsing.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Java in Opera.....Verizon TP2

bump it up
Old 10-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I don't doubt that your device runs quicker after you disable javascript but I imagine you'll find many things or certain sites that won't function without javascript. But, if the sites you visit work fine then I'd say do what works for you.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Discovered that today with a website that I use alot. To use some of the buttons, I have to enabled java.

Thought I was onto something.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Give the UC Browser a run. It renders Java nicely and runs smoothly on the TP2.

UC Browser (Windows Mobile) 7.8.0.95

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2