PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Need Some Technical Assitance please. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147247)

cybrshdw 09-29-2011 12:27 AM

Need Some Technical Assitance please.

ok heres my situation... i got me a HTC TOuch Pro 2

When Pluged into pc it keeps cycling or something power lite goes off then back on for like 5 min or so then repeats..

the phone will not power on or if it does does not show anything i have tried accessing boot loader im not sure if it is or not as i cant see on the screen, is there any fixes for this? on how to reset the bootloader/rom/ or what ever is needed to back to factory settings to see if this will fix the probleme

thanks for any help......

darren.wlsn1 09-29-2011 01:14 AM

Re: Need Some Technical Assitance please.

to hard reset you hit talk end and power when the phone is off.

cybrshdw 09-29-2011 01:41 AM

ya thats not working well, when pluged in to charger i get an orange charge lite im assuming... but when i try and power it on i get nothing, but when its hooked upt to a pc with usb the pc will reconize it so im sure its not 100% bricked.... i got the phone from my brother who was tryin to unlock it from sprint to at&t or something and ended up messing it up, im not sure what program he was using to flash it or what not, iid like to see if i can get it back to working order

darren.wlsn1 09-29-2011 02:45 AM

sounds like a brick to me.

cybrshdw 09-29-2011 03:00 AM

is there any suggestions? or is it gunna be a paper weight?

eric12341 09-29-2011 04:43 AM

pull the battery and hold the volume down button, while doing this press the power button and it should come on in bootloader mode which from there u can flash the stock rom. if this does not work then im afraid u have a brick.

elesbb 09-29-2011 08:27 AM

it also almost sounds like a hardware SOD .cause the op is saying the computer can recognize it but nothing comes on screen .

darren.wlsn1 09-29-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2147764)
it also almost sounds like a hardware SOD .cause the op is saying the computer can recognize it but nothing comes on screen .

well look what his brother was doing.lol

cybrshdw 09-29-2011 02:50 PM

ok i got some more info off my brother he manged to unlock the phone with olinex he said its the global phone so its a hybrid verision.. he went to go unlock the radios and thats when it SOD, or what nots

darren.wlsn1 09-29-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybrshdw (Post 2147820)
ok i got some more info off my brother he manged to unlock the phone with olinex he said its the global phone so its a hybrid verision.. he went to go unlock the radios and thats when it SOD, or what nots

its not a hybrid and your brother screwed up probably running wrong file. yes its a world phone but really has nothing to do with anything but he still needs to use correct files.