PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nonstop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What to do with old TP2?

Finally made the jump to Android with the release of the Epic 4G Touch and said goodbye to my $30/month SERO plan.

I've got this old beat up TP2 that's almost 2 years old, what's the best way to get rid of it? Will Sprint buy it back? One of those online places that buy your cellphone for a predetermined amount?

I don't think I'd want to sell it to anyone, it's pretty scuffed up and the 'Q' button doesn't work well. Otherwise it functions fine.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
I would put it on ebay or the forums bargain trader with all quality issues up front. Somebody will buy it for their kid or just for parts. Good luck.

Sent from my Motorola Photon
Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You won't get hardly anything from Sprint. I agree with the previous poster. Or you could keep it for a while as a backup. If it still works well but just looks rough you could do surgery on it and replace the housing and any other damaged parts before selling.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What to do with old TP2?

You could turn it into a wifi security camera.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

how much you asking for ? I've dropped insurance and would like a beat up phone for parts .
Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

nonstop is a n00b

I'd sell it for $50 I guess shipped free. Other than worn paint on the edges it looks fine. Works fine though the Q seems to require a more firm press. Screen has had a screen protector on since day 1, though I had to cut away the corners since they were sharp and would catch things and it'd want to pull the whole protector off. So there is a scratch on the non viewing portion of the screen. I don't know if it's worth that much to anyone but any less wouldn't be worth the effort.

FYI to keep it on topic, checked a few of the websites that buy used phones and they were offering $5 and $12. lol
Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

mind posting pictures ?
Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstop View Post
I'd sell it for $50 I guess shipped free. Other than worn paint on the edges it looks fine. Works fine though the Q seems to require a more firm press. Screen has had a screen protector on since day 1, though I had to cut away the corners since they were sharp and would catch things and it'd want to pull the whole protector off. So there is a scratch on the non viewing portion of the screen. I don't know if it's worth that much to anyone but any less wouldn't be worth the effort.

FYI to keep it on topic, checked a few of the websites that buy used phones and they were offering $5 and $12. lol
im looking for a nice backup... you take 25 shipped? thats what they usually go for in rough condition on ebay at least.. pm me of interested.... need a descent backup phone
Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Humm... $50 seems very reasonable with free shipping. Surely someone will be interested for that amount. =]

Old 09-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Humm... $50 seems very reasonable with free shipping. Surely someone will be interested for that amount. =]
$50 is definately reasonable. I just got rid of an old beat up one for that. Still have a nearly new one that pople offered $80 for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2