PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Who Still Loves Their TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147120)

horndoctor 09-20-2011 03:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Most threads here lately are typically users ranting or asking what to do about issues they are having and it seems more often than not those threads end with someone posting that the TP2 is such a dinosaur and all they really want is a newer device. It is funny to me that many users do all their complaining but then say all they really do with their device is text, make a few calls, and access a few sites like facebook and twitter which IMO the TP2 does those things just as good or better than many devices just released. It arguably still has the best keyboard and speakerphone around and if you don't try to run apps or mods that only add eye candy then it works great.
IMO if you take good care of it as I have, keep it lean, and use it as designed (despite what others have said) it is still a joy to use.

So speak up here if you feel as I do! I know there are probably some users lurking about that still love the TP2 but don't post much because they don't have issues so we don't hear from them. I'd like to hear from those people.
I know many have a different opinion than I do but I bet there are many that totally or partially agree with me.

So Let's Hear It! :D

gTen 09-20-2011 04:25 PM

Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2146194)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380) all they really do with their device is text, make a few calls, and access a few sites like facebook and twitter which IMO the TP2 does those things just as good or better than many devices just released.

I agree with most of it except this part..the faster processor does make a difference when surfing the web. As proof, tether with your phone to your pc..what loads pages faster? even though they use the same connection and tethering has a bigger overhead its still faster...

But I always hold a special spot in my heart for all the devices I own/owned including my TP2(which I still use on my 2nd line), my mogul and my apache...

eric12341 09-20-2011 04:27 PM

yea I never had those issues that the masses here have complained about. it served me well in the 10 months I have had it and I still occasionally pick it up for nostalgia sake. if people would use either 6.1 or just not all these hardcore eye candy mods they wouldn't have all the issues they had unless the issue is with the sprint network.

matchstickredgti 09-20-2011 06:11 PM

I love my TP2, had it since January 2010. Of course I'm on my 4th or 5th one now, but this phone is great. Hands down the best keyboard on a phone.

The only thing, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree, is that it is underpowered. My old Samsung i830 (whatever it was) had a 520mhz processor and that was in like 2005. Aside from that, that is my only real complaint. And that can be taken care of with an overclock.

I plan on keeping it until Asurion runs out of replacements lol.

The customization factor of this phone is endless. The fact that it can run Android and Winmo is amazing.

elesbb 09-20-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2146203)
I agree with most of it except this part..the faster processor does make a difference when surfing the web. As proof, tether with your phone to your pc..what loads pages faster? even though they use the same connection and tethering has a bigger overhead its still faster...

But I always hold a special spot in my heart for all the devices I own/owned including my TP2(which I still use on my 2nd line), my mogul and my apache...

Hm that makes sense lol faster processor faster loading of webpages . one thing that bugged me was how youtube can play without stopping on my laptop being tethered but on my device it has to stop and buffer .... weird .

But as far as loving my TP2 i do . i rant and rave on asurion being ass holes when it came to replacing my TP2 because i threw it . then i got a million refurbs still which didnt work so i dropped asurion and am now doing repairs myself . fixing the USB port is quite simple as you can replace it with a standard Mini USB port found on ebay . they also have the OEM port that is made for the TP2 but i found that the standard Mini USB port is more reliable . plus who uses the stock cord anyhow ? lol But yes i do love my TP2 . the only repair i may not be able to do is if i get the hardware SOD . i dont know what causes that .

eric12341 09-20-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2146249)
Hm that makes sense lol faster processor faster loading of webpages . one thing that bugged me was how youtube can play without stopping on my laptop being tethered but on my device it has to stop and buffer .... weird .

@elesbb and @gTen
YouTube overall is slower than any other video streaming site because of all the people on it. but yea ur lucky that u can stream it with little or no buffering, I'm lucky if I can even stream a song without buffering, songs are only 1 to 4mb is it too much to ask? and this is happening 10 days before the promised date that the towers in my area would be finished with repairs, I'm no longer holding my breath for this date as I am not really noticing any improvements. as far as loading WebPages I can also agree with that because the proc in my arrive can really load WebPages fast even tho my internet connection is only 150k at best.

Dr.8820 09-20-2011 07:11 PM

The TP2 is great...even though I dropped Sprint, I can still use it for GSM if my HD7 fails.

elesbb 09-20-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2146257)
The TP2 is great...even though I dropped Sprint, I can still use it for GSM if my HD7 fails.

being the only one on my plan , i could never drop sprint for what they offer . im glad you can survive with another carrier ! lol they all seem to wanna suck your wallet dry !

Riley 09-20-2011 07:20 PM

can I say I still like my tp2? Still have it if you can believe it. activated it a couple times and used it to reminisce. :) Thats what makes this stuff so much fun. Variety!

gTen 09-20-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchstickredgti (Post 2146244)
I love my TP2, had it since January 2010. Of course I'm on my 4th or 5th one now, but this phone is great. Hands down the best keyboard on a phone.

The only thing, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree, is that it is underpowered. My old Samsung i830 (whatever it was) had a 520mhz processor and that was in like 2005. Aside from that, that is my only real complaint. And that can be taken care of with an overclock.

I plan on keeping it until Asurion runs out of replacements lol.

The customization factor of this phone is endless. The fact that it can run Android and Winmo is amazing.

The thing is its more then just the raw speed of the processor..it also important on which technology is used..you can overclock at TP2 phone to 2ghz and it still won't match a 1ghz Cortex A8 processor...ARM11 is just too old >.>