PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
being the only one on my plan , i could never drop sprint for what they offer . im glad you can survive with another carrier ! lol they all seem to wanna suck your wallet dry !
Sprint was great, had them for over 11 years...but their coverage seems to be shrinking, yet the plans went up! Maybe, if Sprint gets some decent WP7 phones, maybe I'll give them another look. I only choose T-Mo because of the HD2..now I'm hooked on this talking AND surfing the net at the same time lol...I wish Sprint would've got the HD2!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Still loving the hell out of mine. Just a matter of finding the right ROM sometimes to make it run like a beast. No radio issues. Coming from a Samsung Moment(aka POS), absolutely no issues other than the occasional bad ROM/app combination. Definitely not interested in going back to Android. Between the 2 phones I had, my wife's 2, and the kid's, I didn't have to worry about reflashing a recovery because it became corrupted. And battery life is a gazillion times better, even OC'd.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Doc, I still have and use my original TP2 purchased back in December 2009!! Woo!! It may be because I don't carry my phone in my pocket, but I have not had a to replace this little guy once! Some say that I don't know what I am missing out there with the new devices, so far though, this device does all that I ask of it. Talk, text, web, navigation, Microsoft Office, slacker, zsirc!! Thanks to all that have worked so hard for us TP2 users!!

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 09-21-2011 at 01:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

I have you beat...still have mine from 10/09 after 9 TP's lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
I have you beat...still have mine from 10/09 after 9 TP's lol!
Wow!! Very Impressive Doc!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Account Disabled

...just wish Sprint wouldn't have jerked me around...I'd still be with them .
Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Thanks to everyone who's posted! Keep em coming! It's fun for me to hear other users tell their TP2 stories.
I still have the original one I bought new over a year ago. It still works perfectly and overclocked to 748mhz with a lean setup I hope I can use it for quite a while. I'm thinking of getting an extended life battery and a new screen protector but otherwise I'm happy.

Doc I'm with you about the HD2. I would have loved to see it on the Sprint network. I'm on a sero plan and I've thought about and still think about seeing what T-Mobile would be able to offer me and get an HD2 but for now I'm gonna see what happens with Sprint.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Account Disabled

Horny, your info should say "RhodiumW"...we have the exclusive world phone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820
Oh you're right!
I'll change it. lol
Thanks!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
um..actually not really..there are 2 world phones(TP2 and moto 400) that are winmo and 1 world phone that is android(photon).

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2