PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DeputyStankus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I recover my contacts from MyPhone?

So, how do I recover contacts, texts, etc. from MyPhone now that it won't sync?

My whiff's phone crashed today and automatically did a hard reset. Afterwards I tried to run MyPhone to get the contacts back...and found out that the service is defunct!

I can still log into the website and see all my contacts, but I can't figure out how to get it on to my phone. PLEASE tell me there's some way to export it to my PC and then on to the phone!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: How do I recover my contacts from MyPhone?

bump
?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

There should be a way to download them in a .csv file to your pc if they still exist. Have you tried contacting anyone from Microsoft through the website?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

You should still be able to log onto the myphone website through your computer (I just did to test it out) and manually copy the contacts back to the phone. Long and tedious yes but they are still there for a while longer.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:21 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yea, everything has to be done 1 by 1. retarded. worst experience ever with microsoft! even worse than Millennium Edition.

Last edited by shaggylive; 09-14-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So, then there's no way to recover all my text messages? This is crazy! I had no idea the service was being canceled. I setup a live.com account just so I could use this, and never thought to set that to forward to my real e-mail, so I never got the notification!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

There should be a way to download them in a .csv file to your pc if they still exist. Have you tried contacting anyone from Microsoft through the website?
I haven't been able to find a .csv file. I guess I'll have to try contacting MSFT...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Microsoft My Phone service shutdown

What if I am unable to archive content that isn’t automatically migrated to SkyDrive?
Starting on October 6, 2011, users can request physical media (CD or DVD-ROM) containing all information saved to their My Phone account. This opportunity will be available to users for a full year, until October 5, 2012. Users should contact Microsoft Support to submit a request.

Windows Phone Support | Windows Mobile Support | Windows Phone 7

Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

data not transfred from myphone to skydrive - Microsoft Answers
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
Microsoft My Phone service shutdown

What if I am unable to archive content that isn’t automatically migrated to SkyDrive?
Starting on October 6, 2011, users can request physical media (CD or DVD-ROM) containing all information saved to their My Phone account. This opportunity will be available to users for a full year, until October 5, 2012. Users should contact Microsoft Support to submit a request.

Windows Phone Support | Windows Mobile Support | Windows Phone 7
Thanks. I saw that, but since my SMS aren't available on SkyDrive or MyPhone, I'm worried that they won't be on the CD, either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2