PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   NEED ANSWER TODAY**** conserning Asurion "warrenty" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146988)

elesbb 09-13-2011 10:12 AM

NEED ANSWER TODAY**** conserning Asurion "warrenty"

Alright , im on my 3rd replacement via warrenty through Asurion . too keep this short and sweet , my question is this , i have my 2nd TP2 yet i did not send it back , this being why i need an answer today , but the 2nd tp2 had a horrible USB port , so i asked for a new one , i got the new (refurb) one , this has a working USB port , so i went over the entire phone and noticed that the 3rd TP2 has a non working end key (hard key) but the 2nd TP2 has all keys working fine .

I took apart my original TP2 that i originally filed the claim for , since i was paying 100 bucks to have it replaced there was no possible way for "defecting" the warrenty .

So my initial question is this . Since the Begin call , start key , back key and hang up key all work on the 2nd refurb they sent me , can i swap just the screen and front keys on each phone without asurion knowing ? its quite easy to do . but i hate having to call them back, fucking hell . or should i just go to my sprint store ? they like me there . lol

horndoctor 09-13-2011 03:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Since you payed the $100 fee I don't think they will care if you swap the parts. They will probably notice but the question is will they care?
I would say the safest thing to do is contact them and tell them about the end key and then they may tell you or agree that you should take it to your local Sprint repair center and see if they can/will repair it.

EyeB 09-13-2011 03:35 PM

Re: NEED ANSWER TODAY**** conserning Asurion "warrenty"

if it's a refurb phone, it's most likely been taken apart enough times that they won't care/know if all you are doing is replacing parts. The keys don't really have identifying markings that I known of so they cant tell 1 from another set of keys.

elesbb 09-13-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2144578)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Since you payed the $100 fee I don't think they will care if you swap the parts. They will probably notice but the question is will they care?
I would say the safest thing to do is contact them and tell them about the end key and then they may tell you or agree that you should take it to your local Sprint repair center and see if they can/will repair it.

im trying to avoid calling them , as im pissed enough and dont feel like listening to the stupid prompts lol . but thanks im sure they wont even notice . as eyeb said , its a refurb so im sure its got numerous amount of parts on it .

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2144585)
if it's a refurb phone, it's most likely been taken apart enough times that they won't care/know if all you are doing is replacing parts. The keys don't really have identifying markings that I known of so they cant tell 1 from another set of keys.

just to clarify im replacing the whole screen , you know how it slides ? they are seperatable , so im gonna seperate them and put the screen part on the good phone .

elesbb 09-13-2011 03:58 PM

i am just afraid that if i take it apart , they will be like up you took it apart warrenty void we are gonna charge you for the phone now -.-

aedon 09-13-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144594)
i am just afraid that if i take it apart , they will be like up you took it apart warrenty void we are gonna charge you for the phone now -.-

I wouldnt worry about it.

Over that last few weeks I took apart my touch pro 2's (I had 2 of them)
so many times.

The only way they would know if it had been taken apart is if you damage it or it was a new (non refurbashed) tp2

If its not refurbished, then the sticker that covers the sim card port will still be connected to the bottom housing piece that has the barcodes and esn numbers.

I noticed that the refurb one was nicly cut and stayed on the mother board after removing that piece.

The only other difference I noticed is that once you get to the flex cables that you have to dissconect on the screen, (after taking off the yellow lamination)
the refurbished one had a piece of paper covering the cloth that was glued to the keyboard piece.

I literally studied the entier workings of the phone and didnt see anything else that would give it away that its been taken apart.

Since its already refurb then it will already show sighns of being taken apart, ie tool marks and the such

so unless you fubar the first half of the dissasembly, then your clear.

Theres not too much that can go wrong though.

Id go for it.

elesbb 09-13-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aedon (Post 2144599)
I wouldnt worry about it.

Over that last few weeks I took apart my touch pro 2's (I had 2 of them)
so many times.

The only way they would know if it had been taken apart is if you damage it or it was a new (non refurbashed) tp2

If its not refurbished, then the sticker that covers the sim card port will still be connected to the bottom housing piece that has the barcodes and esn numbers.

I noticed that the refurb one was nicly cut and stayed on the mother board after removing that piece.

The only other difference I noticed is that once you get to the flex cables that you have to dissconect on the screen, (after taking off the yellow lamination)
the refurbished one had a piece of paper covering the cloth that was glued to the keyboard piece.

I literally studied the entier workings of the phone and didnt see anything else that would give it away that its been taken apart.

Since its already refurb then it will already show sighns of being taken apart, ie tool marks and the such

so unless you fubar the first half of the dissasembly, then your clear.

Theres not too much that can go wrong though.

Id go for it.

im gonna cause they effin piss me off . just gotta get the screw drivers for it . radioshak have em ?

and inside the back of the battery , there is a huge sticker with the esn numbers and such on it .

eric12341 09-13-2011 05:36 PM

more like ass-urion, they need to stop using them.

aedon 09-13-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144604)
im gonna cause they effin piss me off . just gotta get the screw drivers for it . radioshak have em ?

and inside the back of the battery , there is a huge sticker with the esn numbers and such on it .

ya I know I mensioned that in my post.

Dont worry, its connected to a shet of aluminum that is part of the first piece you take off the phone.

If you want I can make a tutorial for you and post up some pics

gTen 09-13-2011 07:38 PM

yes you can get away with it..assuran is not warranty its insurance...they take the phone whichever condition its in....taking it apart like that voids warranty but does not void insurance simply because how TEP is done, it insured the device itself, not the condition of the device...just like when you get car insurance..you can still swap out parts...but for car warranty if you swap out parts (outside the official stores) its voided (I think)