PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TEP in store replacement question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146937)

hampshire 09-09-2011 12:57 PM

TEP in store replacement question

Sprint is sending me to a local repair shop to have my Touch Pro2 looked at and I am fairly certain that since a dozen hard resets did not fix the issue they are going to replace the phone. I am assuming they will have no Touch Pro 2 phone in the store for a replacement since it is discontinued. I have TEP and was wondering if anyone knows what phones they will offer me so I can research them before going in.

Thanks.

DaveTN 09-09-2011 03:04 PM

Re: TEP in store replacement question

Quote:

Originally Posted by hampshire (Post 2143820)
Sprint is sending me to a local repair shop to have my Touch Pro2 looked at and I am fairly certain that since a dozen hard resets did not fix the issue they are going to replace the phone. I am assuming they will have no Touch Pro 2 phone in the store for a replacement since it is discontinued. I have TEP and was wondering if anyone knows what phones they will offer me so I can research them before going in.

Thanks.

I've been through three replacements for my TP2 in the last 6 days and all have been defective. I have been on the phone all day with sprint and their stance is that they will send nothing more than another TP2. Asurion says exactly the same thing.

3 out of 3 bad refurbs is totally unacceptable but they won't budge.

David

elesbb 09-09-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143848)
I've been through three replacements for my TP2 in the last 6 days and all have been defective. I have been on the phone all day with sprint and their stance is that they will send nothing more than another TP2. Asurion says exactly the same thing.

3 out of 3 bad refurbs is totally unacceptable but they won't budge.

David

holy shit !! me and you both !!!!! same exact problem ! just got off the phone with them and complained , the rep said he will try to get me a NIB since I've had such poor refurbished phones . I'll post back on the status of that . if I get another bad one I'm going to cancel their service as I pay them way too much to be getting defective phones . I'll just buy one from ebay . I've already spent enough for two phones in the year and a half I've had my phone .

DaveTN 09-09-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2143888)
holy shit !! me and you both !!!!! same exact problem ! just got off the phone with them and complained , the rep said he will try to get me a NIB since I've had such poor refurbished phones . I'll post back on the status of that . if I get another bad one I'm going to cancel their service as I pay them way too much to be getting defective phones . I'll just buy one from ebay . I've already spent enough for two phones in the year and a half I've had my phone .

I wouldn't waste your time or breath as I spent the better part of the day today on the phone with Sprint and was told that there were no NIB TP2's and under no circumstances would I be issued another smartphone unless I upgraded to the more exensive family data share pack as the unlimited data add-on packs no longer exist for smartphones. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

David

eric12341 09-09-2011 09:24 PM

meanwhile my 15 month old tp2 is still kicking it.

elesbb 09-09-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143906)
I wouldn't waste your time or breath as I spent the better part of the day today on the phone with Sprint and was told that there were no NIB TP2's and under no circumstances would I be issued another smartphone unless I upgraded to the more exensive family data share pack as the unlimited data add-on packs no longer exist for smartphones. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

David

are you saying that if i upgrade to a newer smartphone that i have no option of having unlimited data ??? :(

eric12341 09-09-2011 10:15 PM

it'll still be unlimited,he's on one of the older business plans.

DaveTN 09-09-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2143927)
are you saying that if i upgrade to a newer smartphone that i have no option of having unlimited data ??? :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2143930)
it'll still be unlimited,he's on one of the older business plans.

Yeah, sorry I wasnt clear on that. My current plan has an add-on "unlimited" data pack and they won't let me use any other smartphone other than the TP2 or Replenish. It does'nt matter if its a refurb or one that I buy privately...my only option is to baby my TP2 until my contract expires.

David

eric12341 09-09-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143939)
Yeah, sorry I wasnt clear on that. My current plan has an add-on "unlimited" data pack and they won't let me use any other smartphone other than the TP2 or Replenish. It does'nt matter if its a refurb or one that I buy privately...my only option is to baby my TP2 until my contract expires.

David

how much would it cost to upgrade the plan because I don't think it could be anymore expensive than AT$T and VZ as they have the most expensive plans, especially family plans. tmobile and maybe USCC/Cellular south have cheaper family plans than sprint but those have data caps of 2GB and 5GB with throttling and overages to follow.

elesbb 09-09-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143939)

David

a sprint rep told me the optimus s was equivalent to the touch pro 2