PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

Npdogg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Flashing my new Sprint TP2 to Cricket wireless???

I just got a new TP2 from my brother because he no longer has sprint. I currently have no service; but I hate Sprint! I know its possible to flash your cdma sprint tp2 to cricket; I just have a couple of concerns. will i lose any of my apps, will i be able to run android 2.0 ; can i install programs w/o any worries. I really don't want to brick my phone! I just want to know if there any risks or any big disadvantages. thank you
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Flashing my new Sprint TP2 to Cricket wireless???

No flashing is need just google for cricket settings.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

Npdogg is a n00b

Really I can't find any easy directions on how to do this. Most of the websites are saying they'll do a text and talk flash and a full flash.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BlingDynasty is just getting started

There are really good instruction here: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336

I have a touch pro 2 flashed to cricket too. It's a little cumbersome to set up at first, but once you have everything done it works great.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingDynasty
There are really good instruction here: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=336

I have a touch pro 2 flashed to cricket too. It's a little cumbersome to set up at first, but once you have everything done it works great.
quick question during the process is having phone connected via usb to a pc neccessary?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BlingDynasty is just getting started

I'm going to say that you don't need to have it connected to a pc, although you'll need to grab a few items first (and not necessarily in this order):

1. a MSL grabber of some sort
  2. a Cricket PRL
  3. and your MSID/MIN from Cricket to activate

If you have a Sprint TP2, you'll need to get your MSL, you'll need to find the program and install it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97552

After that you can access QPST on your phone and enter the settings that are in the link of my previous post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npdogg View Post
I just got a new TP2 from my brother because he no longer has sprint. I currently have no service; but I hate Sprint! I know its possible to flash your cdma sprint tp2 to cricket; I just have a couple of concerns. will i lose any of my apps, will i be able to run android 2.0 ; can i install programs w/o any worries. I really don't want to brick my phone! I just want to know if there any risks or any big disadvantages. thank you
you could always get someone else to set it up then use a cricket custom ROM from here:
here's an example when I search touch pro2 here in san antonio, many tp2 on cricket ads:
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/sea...ery=touch+pro2
then you could flash a cricket ROM:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=cricket

though you might need to flash custom ROM, then have it switched to cricket. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vibrator
Carrier: sprint

selger71 is a n00b

I too am curious. I used the ROM found here on PPC Geeks but I cant get ANYTHING besides talk and text to work (anything requiring data connection). Can anyone help me? Does anyone know the data configurations? ie is it #777 to get a data connection? Please help I am so dumb.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selger71
I too am curious. I used the ROM found here on PPC Geeks but I cant get ANYTHING besides talk and text to work (anything requiring data connection). Can anyone help me? Does anyone know the data configurations? ie is it #777 to get a data connection? Please help I am so dumb.
This should help you:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-by-Ryan-Mogul

Old 09-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vibrator
Carrier: sprint

selger71 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

This should help you:

CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul

wow thanks horndoctor...super big help! Thank You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cricket, flash, noob