PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tryinghard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Latest ROM TP2 Android or WM

Guys,

I have a TP2 that has been dormant for 7-8 months. The last ROM I flashed was VIN. Now I want to use it as an international phone, using the GSM component, it is originally a sprint phone.

I want a simple stable ROM, which one would you recommend. A WM ROM, or Android ROM.

How do I flash an Android ROM, apologies if I am repeating the question, but I tried looking at the Android side of the forum and couldn't figure out much (not very tech savvy).

Please advice.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Re: Latest ROM TP2 Android or WM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
Guys,

I have a TP2 that has been dormant for 7-8 months. The last ROM I flashed was VIN. Now I want to use it as an international phone, using the GSM component, it is originally a sprint phone.

I want a simple stable ROM, which one would you recommend. A WM ROM, or Android ROM.

How do I flash an Android ROM, apologies if I am repeating the question, but I tried looking at the Android side of the forum and couldn't figure out much (not very tech savvy).

Please advice.
well you dont have to flash an android rom, you just put it all on your sd card.

They have good instructions on the threads where the development is offered.

You can try it out with out having to flash ANYTHING at all

I would post a copy of my tutorial but it seems that the weekly questions and answers threads where I put it up were deleted..

and since it was like a 2 day post.. I dont really feel like retyping it.

You can follow all the instructions on their thread and if you have guestions I can try my best to answer them though,

Heres a link

You need to have at LEAST 2 gigs on an sd card.

And if you have it up and running and you like it, I sudgest flashing a titanium rom so that your android side will run faster and smoother.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you liked Vin's ROM then flash his Titanium ROM and maybe try Android like Aedon suggested. SharkieRom and LeadRom are great choices too.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tryinghard is a n00b

Thanks guys, so will I need 2 GB of space on my SD card or a 2GB SD card. Basically my SD card is 2 GB and it already has stuff on it. Also, what is the maximum size of SD card that TP2 can accept.

As far as ROM is concerned, I am a little confused since now the site offers ROM for CDMA and GSM. My phone is CDMA (Sprint); however I want to use the phone internationally on a GSM, so where do I go. A link would be very helpful.

Cheers....
Old 08-30-2011, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tryinghard is a n00b

Also, what is the benefit or point of running Android from SD card. Just so, I could run Android Apps or is there more to it?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Also, what is the benefit or point of running Android from SD card. Just so, I could run Android Apps or is there more to it?
Quote:
Thanks guys, so will I need 2 GB of space on my SD card or a 2GB SD card. Basically my SD card is 2 GB and it already has stuff on it. Also, what is the maximum size of SD card that TP2 can accept.

Cheers....
Had a 16GB SD card with no problems. Your 2GB SD card will not be large enough.

Android must be run from the SD card. When Android is present, it will boot from it. That is the only way Android can run on WM devices.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:

Its not so much a benifit.. just the way it has to be.
What happens is that the codes that have been written to run the android port will compleatly shut down windows mobile.

Andything on wm will not be active, meaning files, videos, ect.

Everything will be in the sd card that is requiered to run android

And if you have sprint tp2, then its cdma

DO NOT FLASH A GSM ROM
you will permenatly fubar your phone.

Sprint tp2s are compatable to go off both gsm and cdma networks. But the phone itself is a cdma device.

Just take our your sim card if you have it and its gsm.

Oh, and you cant have the sim card in at all if running android because android will not run on a cdma network. It has to be able to connect to a gsm network to have any connection.

Wich your tp2 will default to without a sim card.

your 2 gb card will work... but take everything off of it and save it on your computer.

I dont remember how much the port takes up but I know that its about 1.5 gb

If you run the port, you will pretty much have a fully functioning android device.
Not just a phone that can use droid apps.

so to sum it up, CDMA ONLY ROMS.

2gb will work, but I sudgest more. (apps and all your original files will choke your card up and will run god awful slow)

NO SIM CARDS

Goood luuuck

Last edited by aedon; 08-30-2011 at 02:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2