PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2/SPRINT Days are Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
Aren't you married? lol
Yup. ANd I behaved.

David
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

honestly this thread is like a soap opera. LOL! Crossing fingers this one works for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

#7.5 is bad. Apparently when it was reassembled something is loose so it turns itself on and off. I can gently squeeze it right around the right side hinge and it will turn on and off - I think thats close to the stylus sensor which is probably loose. Sliding it in and out of the belt pouch or even keeping it in my pocket turns it on and off. Funny thing is power button works intermittently...LOL.

I'm on hold with the "corporate escalations line" now which I think is the same office as dan@sprint.com which has been pretty much useless.

David
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

The soap opera has ended.

After over a month of frustration and 7+ touchpro 2's, loss of 70% of my hair and the rest turning gray, I no longer have a TP2.

I was able to go month to month on a data plan and use the EVO that I bought from one of my classmates and keep my monthly cost reasonably close to what I have been paying.

Its been a tremendously frustrating ride but I guess you get the luck of the draw in who you talk to and the two reps I talked to today seemed to want to be more helpful than anyone that I've spoken with at sprint since this all started.

Anyone want to buy a TP2?

David
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

One last laugh....

And this is a huge one.

While talking to the call center I got disconnected and the person caled back on my house phone. I just noticed the caller ID said "U.S. Cellular"!!!!!! LOL!

David
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations! David vs Goliath

Sent from my Motorola Photon
Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
While I'm not happy it came the point you had to get another device, I am glad you have one now that work's. It's really sad to see someone treated like this by a company that could have easily fixed the issue within 2 device's, I guess corporate greed and the bottom line is more important than happy customers...cheap bastards.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Nope, pure southern charm with long wavy brown hair and the most beautiful eyes I think I've ever seen.

David
@DaveTN
most beautiful eyes aren't possible since she isn't Latina jaja. anyway glad that u now have reached the end of ur telenovela with un final semi-feliz.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Glad things finally worked out. Too bad for what they had to put you through...and you ended up with a whole different device anyway. Makes me wonder what I'm going to do when my contract is up.

Funny thing is that I was in a store recently looking at the new samsung epic 4g touch to see what all the buzz was about. When the saleskid saw my TP2, he made a face like I must be crazy to be with such an antique. But I think I'll keep it a while longer. Hope you like the evo. It's had a great rep. Give us your thoughts on how it compares to the TP2.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Thanks guys and gals for all the advice and moral support.

Althought the EVO isn't the latest and greatest and cutting edge, it is meeting my needs and so far has been a great phone...and a bargain at only $50.00!!!

Now, to root and try out some of the custom ROM's.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2