PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
creating an MP3 player ROM . need ideas

well since a lot of people are saying tschus to their beloved TP2's , I figured id make a rom that can utilize the tp2 as more of a media device . So I am wondering:

1. What music player do you guys find to be the best ? I liked mortplayer .

2. Should I include things like titanium ? cause I had in mind of making the ROM launch upon boot the mp3 program . Therefore making no use of titanium .

3. What lock screen would be best ? im thinking s2u2 since it can support slide to play .

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated !
Old 08-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: creating an MP3 player ROM . need ideas

I just used windows media player for my music needs, there are some skins on XDA that can make it more finger friendly than the default skin tho I never really had problems with it. and I didn't like s2u2 or s2p because they were too much like the iPhone. and I guess u can leave titanium on there since titanium supports playing songs from wmp directly from it.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I just used windows media player for my music needs, there are some skins on XDA that can make it more finger friendly than the default skin tho I never really had problems with it. and I didn't like s2u2 or s2p because they were too much like the iPhone. and I guess u can leave titanium on there since titanium supports playing songs from wmp directly from it.

This is the one I use, idr what its called tho cause it comes stock on energy
Attached Files
File Type: cab Dark Media Skin.cab (125.4 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hmm , interesting never knew people used windows mobile player . i hated it , didnt support things like an added equalizer or key mapping . i guess it required too many tweaks for my liking , but its a great idea and i'll def make one with just that . and make one with the MortPlayer .

EDIT: mr eric , is that the only reason you didnt use s2p is cause how much it looked like the iPhone ? did you have any other lockscreen that enabled music playback support ?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Hmm , interesting never knew people used windows mobile player . i hated it , didnt support things like an added equalizer or key mapping . i guess it required too many tweaks for my liking , but its a great idea and i'll def make one with just that . and make one with the MortPlayer .

EDIT: mr eric , is that the only reason you didnt use s2p is cause how much it looked like the iPhone ? did you have any other lockscreen that enabled music playback support ?
yup that's correct, I think the stock one had it with titanium enabled but I'm not sure
Old 08-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yup that's correct, I think the stock one had it with titanium enabled but I'm not sure
The stock lockscreen ??? hmm i'll hafta get music on my SD card and try it out !
Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

bigdreco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

make it able to play music as well as videos..
Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Pocket player is the best! Lyrics tags and all!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdreco View Post
make it able to play music as well as videos..
well duh ... lol :P
Old 08-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
Pocket player is the best! Lyrics tags and all!
sweet ! I'll look for it . or if its freeware , attach the cab ??? ^-^

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2