PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phantastic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Broken Screen, need alternate routes!!

My digitizer is not working so the screen is unresponsive, i was messing around with AE button plus and managed to mess up my ok button enter button, and up button, which are now dis-functional. The only annoying thing is that before it stopped working i had my music player on a playlist so it only plays the one's in the playlist. Now i am sick of those songs, and i want to access the whole library, is there a way to get back to the whole library? Like a way to delete the playlist from my PC or do something. Im desperate.

Touch pro 2 from sprint btw
Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Re: Broken Screen, need alternate routes!!

You could probbably get the screen replaced for like 50 bucks tops.

I didnt have that issue persay, although there was a crack in my screen so I bought a new one on ebay for 15 bucks.

but when seperating the lcd from the screen the damn thing ripped because they had sooooooo much glue on the damn thing.

So now Im waiting on another lcd to get here so I can replace it.
the lcd was another 20 bucks on ebay

I dont recomend doing it yourself...

As far asw the music issue...

You should be able to sync it to your computer, assuming you have windows media player on it and edit the songs and such.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

jrebo is keeping up the good workjrebo is keeping up the good work

You should be able to load MyMoblier on your PC to connect to your TP2. Category Archives: Windows Mobile
Old 08-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yep, MyMobiler or EveryWAN should give you access. I also recommend you pay for the repair or if you want to attempt it yourself buy the digitizer&lcd already assembled to make things a lot easier.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Threadstarter

Phantastic is a n00b

Thanks that actually worked a lot. I would repair it, but im up for a new phone at the end september, im thinking about the htc evo. Another thing. How exactly do i map a key to send text messages. Not to type but to send? and how do i restore the original buttons

Last edited by Phantastic; 08-22-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

You can use a keyboard controller to reassign hardware keys to whatever you want! Restore the buttons with the same program below.

RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA (v1.3.2).CAB

Old 08-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantastic View Post
Thanks that actually worked a lot. I would repair it, but im up for a new phone at the end september, im thinking about the htc evo. Another thing. How exactly do i map a key to send text messages. Not to type but to send? and how do i restore the original buttons
I'm going to make a recommendation, go for the HTC arrive it's just like the tp2 but with better hardware on the inside and with mango coming out very soon it will be a kickass phone. I already have the beta on it and it is amazing but by the time u get it the mango should already be official.

as for ur problem a soft reset by lifting the battery cover should solve the music issue and for the buttons u can use either the program that @Tinkerbell suggested, use the dedicated text key on the HW keyboard,or perform a hard reset to restore the phone back to how it was when u got it. this is perfect for diagnosing hardware issues.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

just as a side note , it doesnt pay to have the insurance anymore . especially with lcd screens going for 15 bucks on ebay . i hate asurion , they sent me 2 faulty replacements . Im getting pissed .
Old 08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
just as a side note , it doesnt pay to have the insurance anymore . especially with lcd screens going for 15 bucks on ebay . i hate asurion , they sent me 2 faulty replacements . Im getting pissed .
I smell an HTC Arrive in ur future. that's what happend to @JohnMcD348
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
true enough. I order a new digitizer from ebay awhile ago cause I bought this phone orriginially off ebay and it was physically damaged but ran like a champ.

The screenwas scratched to hell (but visible and functional) and the housing was chipped and cut

All and all it just wasnt pretty.

So I bought compleat new housing for the phone. but when it came to seperating the digitizer from the lcd...
yeah.. no bueno.

I followed all proceduers exactly according to multiple sources. But there was just so much damn glue (or rather I should say tar.. ) holding the screens togeather that my lcd ripped.

Its still functional but it has streams and black spots right now.
I just got a new lcd today so ima take it up to a repair store and have them do it this time. I found a place that told me hed only charge 15 bucks in labour if I bring in the part.

Might as well right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2