PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

ccengineer is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sim unlock your TP2 for free

I bought a used TP2 off of ebay the other day just to tinker with it. I've been playing with it for a week or so trying to unlock it, I know there is an unlocker made by Olipro/Cmonex available but I guess you have to pay for that. Although I have the Sprint TP2 and that one is Sim unlocked, but I was able to find a way to SIM lock/unlock it, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn Security off though, I mean setting @Secu_Flag to 0. I I did a lot of searching but couldn't find any instructions about unlocking the TP2 for free. So here is what I found so far: (If you want to follow the below procedure do it on your own responsibility, I'm not responsible if you mess something up)

Step 1- HardSPL your TP2 (This is available for free)

Step 2- Load the following RUU rom to your TP2. It looks like this Rom when loaded to the RAM it enables some Atcmd commands that allows us to play with NV part of the ROM thus allowing us to Lock/Unlock: RUU_Signed.nbh

Step 3- Run the following Atcmd: (This sets the Simlock flags to 0 thus removing the Simlock:
AT@SimLOCK=0,1,code <--- where "code" is your MSL ( I set my MSL code to 000000 and found out that 22051978 worked too, I found this on the internet somewhere)
AT@SimLOCK=0,2,code <--- where "code" is your MSL
AT@SimLOCK=0,4,code <--- where "code" is your MSL
AT@SimLOCK=0,8,code <--- where "code" is your MSL

This only unlocks the SIM, I was able to toggle those on and Off on My Sprint TP2 without any problem. Now if only I can find the command that disables the Secu_Flag. I don't have a lot of experience with this maybe some of you guys have experience and could point me in the right direction to continue my small project I would appreciate it.

Last edited by ccengineer; 08-17-2011 at 08:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Sim unlock your TP2 for free

in before the possible close.

I don't see y people would want to do this because there is no 3G connectivity when using a SIM Unlocked CDMA TP2 on US GSM networks unless the person doesn't have a data plan.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

OP what kind/carrier branded tp2 did you buy used? Are you sure it wasn't already SIM Unlocked for US Networks? Have you tried putting a prepaid or activated SIM from a US GSM Network in this tp2 you supposedly unlocked for free and confirmed that it works? This is very interesting.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

OP what kind/carrier branded tp2 did you buy used? Are you sure it wasn't already SIM Unlocked for US Networks? Have you tried putting a prepaid or activated SIM from a US GSM Network in this tp2 you supposedly unlocked for free and confirmed that it works? This is very interesting.

I have the Sprint TP2, this version comes Sim unlocked already, but as I mentioned before, I was able to Sim lock it using a 1 instead of a 0 for the different Simlock bit positions with each one adding a different level of Simlocking (I mean Pos 1,2,4,

"AT@Simlock 1,1,000000 - Forgot what kind of lock this is
"AT@Simlock 1,2,000000 Network Subset Lock
"AT@Simlock 1,4,000000 Service Provider Lock
"AT@Simlock 1,8,000000 Corporate Lock

This is still not security unlocked, I know because "AT@SimLOCK?AA returns @secu_flag = 1. I'm trying to find the command that turns off the Secu_flag, any help would be appreciated. Someone has to know that command, at least cmonex and olipro do, but since they charge for the unlocking I doubt they will share that What i know is that they are smarter than I am, they were able to it figure out and I still can't figure it out even after a week or so of tinkering.

Last edited by ccengineer; 08-17-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

oh Cmonex, cant wait till she sees this.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

lol at tagging sim's profile . xD
Old 08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
lol at tagging sim's profile . xD
What do you mean? Did I do something unrelated to what I want to accomplish?

Last edited by ccengineer; 08-17-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
What do you mean? Did I do something unrelated to what I want to accomplish?
no, the word "sim" got tagged and he found that funny.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
oh @cmonex, cant wait till she sees this.
now she will jaja.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:36 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
now she will jaja.
I told her long before you tagged it, take that. Lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cmonex