PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ccengineer is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sim unlock your TP2 for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
I told her long before you tagged it, take that. Lol
So what's this tagging thing all about?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccengineer View Post
So what's this tagging thing all about?
by placeing the @ symbol infront of a username it notifies that user that they were mentioned , thus allowing the user to navigate to that thread to see what they were brought up for ..
@ccengineer there i tagged you , go check your notifications
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
by placeing the @ symbol infront of a username it notifies that user that they were mentioned , thus allowing the user to navigate to that thread to see what they were brought up for ..
@ccengineer there i tagged you , go check your notifications

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey ive tried this . and using CDMA Workshop 2.7 and QPST and QXDM those AT@ SIM Lock commands are coming up not recognizable ..
Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey ive tried this . and using CDMA Workshop 2.7 and QPST and QXDM those AT@ SIM Lock commands are coming up not recognizable ..
Did you load the patched RUU first?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Did you load the patched RUU first?

Yes followed your instructions to a T . i'll try on stock ROM once i get my new phone activated .
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes followed your instructions to a T . i'll try on stock ROM once i get my new phone activated .
I issued my commands using atcmd from c# an they worked just fine, I was even getting "0/n" or "0/r" or somethong of that sort back and the flags where toggling without any problem.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I issued my commands using atcmd from c# an they worked just fine, I was even getting "0/n" or "0/r" or somethong of that sort back and the flags where toggling without any problem.

Would you mind attatching the program you used ?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Good work! Keep it up, if/since you're not reverse engineering something made by Cmon or Olio, fair game... competition is good & healthy.

Kinda way after the fact anyway... NRG & Sharkie were about the only ones left making ROM's & NRG notified no more WinMo a week ago, Sharkie was the last... a couple days ago. Sprint was the last one still selling it & they pulled from their sales a couple months ago in June.

Officially dead I'd say... (however, I'll be using my 2 until they both break, insurance replacements are gone & can't buy on ebay... saves me a grand a year on my plan).

ccengineer:
Quote:
"This is still not security unlocked, I know because "AT@SimLOCK?AA returns @secu_flag = 1. I'm trying to find the command that turns off the Secu_flag,"
See below Sprint info, you may already know but I post the info anyway...
Looks like you're on the right track, SIM unlocker stuff in 1st post isn't needed..?
Re. secu_flag: Perhaps look into the radio commands?? .dunno

**Not to be confused with: Hard SPL: Both carriers need this free unlocker to flash a custom ROM

Recalling some info from an old post: See if I can oversimplify & not mess it up... :>))
TO USE A U.S. SIM ON A U.S. GSM NETWORK in a CDMA TP2
Sprint
SIM=unlocked, Radio=locked
SIM's are unlocked, needs: "Security (Radio) unlocker" (the pay program also does CID unlock + the above unrelated free hardspl unlocker for convenience - SIM(Verizon)/ Security+Radio(Sprint)/ CID), allows you to use the mandatory patched radio (unlocked = WU), Use this one 2.32.00.WU (Sprint+Verizon), which enables U.S. SIM (registration) on U.S. GSM networks.

**change mode of operation to GSM in settings, set the GSM Network selection to Manual and then select your GSM carrier, if auto doesn't work.

Cmonex gave this great explanation, also #2

Verizon
SIM=locked, Radio=unlocked
Simply call verizon, they may give you an unlock code (SIM unlocker) #46, #47 (answered by a sprint user, don't confuse the 2) Apparently unlocker not needed: #52

... what I remember from way back when anyway :>))

Last edited by teradog; 08-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Good work! Keep it up, if/since you're not reverse engineering something made by Cmon or Olio, fair game... competition is good & healthy.

Kinda way after the fact anyway... NRG & Sharkie were about the only ones left making ROM's & NRG notified no more WinMo a week ago, Sharkie was the last... a couple days ago. Sprint was the last one still selling it & they pulled from their sales a couple months ago in June.

Officially dead I'd say... (however, I'll be using my 2 until they both break, insurance replacements are gone & can't buy on ebay... saves me a grand a year on my plan).

ccengineer: See below Sprint info, you may already know but I post the info anyway...
Looks like you're on the right track, SIM unlocker stuff in 1st post isn't needed..?
Re. secu_flag: Perhaps look into the radio commands?? .dunno

**Not to be confused with: Hard SPL: Both carriers need this free unlocker to flash a custom ROM

Recalling some info from an old post: See if I can oversimplify & not mess it up... :>))
TO USE A U.S. SIM ON A U.S. GSM NETWORK in a CDMA TP2
Sprint
SIM=unlocked, Radio=locked
SIM's are unlocked, needs: "Security (Radio) unlocker" (the pay program also does CID unlock + the above unrelated free hardspl unlocker for convenience - SIM(Verizon)/ Security+Radio(Sprint)/ CID), allows you to use the mandatory patched radio (unlocked = #.##.00.WU), which enables U.S. SIM (registration) on U.S. GSM networks.

**change mode of operation to GSM in settings, set the GSM Network selection to Manual and then select your GSM carrier, if auto doesn't work.

Cmonex gave this great explanation, also #2

Verizon
SIM=locked, Radio=unlocked
Simply call verizon, they may give you an unlock code (SIM unlocker) #46, #47 (answered by a sprint user, don't confuse the 2) Apparently unlocker not needed: #52

... what I remember from way back when anyway :>))
@teradog
wow nice poem/song. I didn't know @NRGZ28 and @Sharkie405 were retiring there's still @Kenio,@elesbb and @leadpoizon who are still currently making roms and I'm sure that @Tinkerbell will start her tp2 rom soon. of course this is now the 2 year anniversary of the tp2 so it's contract renewal time for those early adopters who will be going onto a newer phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cmonex