PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Help, Touch Pro 2 has little to almost NO data connection

Ok, so as the title states, my phone is have a really hard time connecting.

I still have weather updates, I still get all my calls and all my emails and text messages just fine, but I have NO INTERNET

I can only load google....
This is consistant in all the browsers on my phone. It will only load half of the page I try to go to, and then go to a white screen telling my that the page im looking for doesnt exist, try again.

And it takes like 10 mins for it to even load the half of the page it tried to load.

This only recently started a few days ago, I was on the android port and I installed chatt app off the market. The next day it updated itself and said that a new feature included "local chatt" and that it had turned on my gps to decect where I was at.

IMMEADIETLY after that, my pandora would stop streaming like 20 seconds into a song, my nexflix failed to connect, and my browser would not let me view youtube vids or anything else from other sites where I could stream it.

So I figured it was that app, so I deleated it.
Didnt fix it, s oI formatted my sd card and re loaded the port.
Didnt fix it.

it was then I realized that my windows side was affected aswell because i tried to download a file over at xda while on my mobile browser, and ten mins into the dl, it was only at like 5kb. (only like 2 percent)

and it would always time out.

So I hard reset, nothing

Reflashed, nothing

Flashed a new rom... nothing

Flashed stock 6.1 nothing.... ran the prl and such upgates....
actually got worse and slower

flashed stock 6.5... and ran the updates... still nothing

This is annoying... I hope someone out there knows how to fix this cause where Im at.. my phone used to be the best internet source I had.

Last edited by aedon; 08-13-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Internet data problem
Old 08-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Help, Touch Pro 2 has little to almost NO data connection

maybe the sprint towers that serve ur location are busted. that was the case for me in my area so I called sprint and spammed their forums demanding a straightforward response and someone called me and explained that the towers in my area won't be finished with the upgrades and repairs till 9.30 so I suggest u call them and see if it's that. also do u experience this issue overnight or in a different zip code,if u do not then this is definitely the issue.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im currently on a chatt with a sprint tech, he had me call a code number and deactivated and reactivated my phone.

Im not sure if its fixed yet, but its was only the internet that was messed up. not calls, not texts... just internet :/

Last edited by aedon; 08-14-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

yea of course they're going to always blame it on the phone first. they'll almost never acknowledge that it's the towers, also bringing it into a repair center won't work because those are almost always served by a better tower.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I wouldnt take it to a repair service anyway lol. I accidentily riped my lcd when replacing the screen a week or so ago and when I called them and asked if they could fix an lcd,
the guy said, "Uh.. do you have warentee on this phone?
"Um.. no.. I got it off ebay"
"Ok.. well did you purchase anytype of insurance for your contract?"
"Um... no I wasnt offered any.."
"Bye" *click*

so no help there

But I think in this case it was the phone rather then the tower.

I spent an hour or so in a chatt room with a tech and she had me call a code number on my phone and click a few options that deactivated the phone, formate it, and then turn it back on and reactivate it at once.

After it was reactivated, She asked me to soft reset and then update the profile.

Its kinda sloooow right now but she said that for the next hour or so my phone will be making updates and reestablishing connections. and that it should work fine after that.
So far its all looking good, I played a youtube vid and downloaded a file.

Both of wich i couldnt do befor hand

*EDIT*
It stopped working again...
This energy rom doesnt let me update either... so...
guess this phones done for

Last edited by aedon; 08-13-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Is it happening at home or everywhere?

I was having a similar problem. Outside of my house everything was fine but once inside no data, texts, weather, etc. Calls worked fine.

I have an Airave/Airvana inside my house and after several calls to my ISP and to sprint, sprint decided that it was defective and sent me a new one. Still didn't work.

Found out today that there are airave outages in several areas around the country and sprint is working on it and should have it fixed in a "few days" according to the tech. So, I unplugged my airvana and keep my phone near a window while I'm at home. Works fine.

David
Old 08-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Just a quick note didnt read all of the thread, but i have been experiencing horrible data on my Asurion replacement , and also on the one previous to this one . I think the towwers/sprints network is just not functioning properly
Old 08-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned User

if one goes to the sprint.com forums there are plenty of complaints about this.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Is it happening at home or everywhere?

I was having a similar problem. Outside of my house everything was fine but once inside no data, texts, weather, etc. Calls worked fine.

I have an Airave/Airvana inside my house and after several calls to my ISP and to sprint, sprint decided that it was defective and sent me a new one. Still didn't work.

Found out today that there are airave outages in several areas around the country and sprint is working on it and should have it fixed in a "few days" according to the tech. So, I unplugged my airvana and keep my phone near a window while I'm at home. Works fine.

David

Thanks for the input. Straming or web browsing is pretty much the only thing thats messed up.

While in the chatt on sprint.com, the tech deactivaded and reactivaded my phone and had me update the profile again to resync to the towers.. and of course it worked while we were in the chatt.

It was exxxtreeeaamly slow though. but it wasnt timeing out of every operation.

I soft resetted my phone after an hour like she had told me and then the data turned off again.
I hope its the towers.. I really do.

But the fact that It worked for that hour is bothersom.

It only started a few days ago, I havnot been out of town since its started though.

Monday through wendsday Im in Austin wich is an hour from my house so Hopefully the data works there.

If it does its the towers.
If not.. My phone is sh*t now.

Especially since the lcd isnt really working anymore......
Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Thanks for the input. Straming or web browsing is pretty much the only thing thats messed up.

While in the chatt on sprint.com, the tech deactivaded and reactivaded my phone and had me update the profile again to resync to the towers.. and of course it worked while we were in the chatt.

It was exxxtreeeaamly slow though. but it wasnt timeing out of every operation.

I soft resetted my phone after an hour like she had told me and then the data turned off again.
I hope its the towers.. I really do.

But the fact that It worked for that hour is bothersom.

It only started a few days ago, I havnot been out of town since its started though.

Monday through wendsday Im in Austin wich is an hour from my house so Hopefully the data works there.

If it does its the towers.
If not.. My phone is sh*t now.

Especially since the lcd isnt really working anymore......
its most likely the towers I've been seeing alot of complaints in the sprint forums from what appear to be TX zipcodes. TX,LA and MI are apparently the top 3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2