PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

spawn11587 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Suggestion: Make Touch Pro 2 act as Router and nothing else?

Hey guys, I patrol these forums from time to time, and I am very thankful for everyone who has spent there time to make all these fantastic rom's. But I need a suggestion if you guys are willing to help me out.

I have a very very very cheap Sprint Family Plan with Add-on's from my job that started like 6 years ago, I had a line for myself, and one for my (now ex-) wife. Anyway, There is no way that I am willing to give up on having two lines for the price I am paying, and now being separated I now have both lines in my possession and both with Unlimited Internet. My line with an EVO 4g, and she had the Touch Pro 2.

I want to use the Touch Pro 2 as a Wireless Router because I usually am stuck on my cell phone a lot every month. At least 10k minutes a month.

I want a ROM or a tool or something that would eliminate every single thing/program/utility on the touch pro 2. And make it as stable, and fast, and have no extra's.

Basically I wanna make the Touch Pro 2 into a Mifi, and nothing else. I plan on using some type of staples or pins or something, and mounting the touch pro 2 in its case to the outside of my Laptop case, and having my Laptop always have a constant internet connection when I am out doing business or in the car and need to e-mail my employees.

So is there anything that fits the bill? I want fast boot time, I'm cool if the phone has the dialer/phone utility on it, just in case my phone dies one die unexpectedly. But besides Phone and WMWifirouter I want nothing else.

Any suggestions to fit the bill?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Need Suggestion: Make Touch Pro 2 act as Router and nothing else?

maybe userROM by @elesbb or barenaked rom by @freeza with the HTC wifirouter.cab installed of course.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If it is still running on Windows or even Android you will still have to have the included packages....calendar, mediplayer, browser, etc....

To be honest I would tell you run a barnaked ROM as mentioned or even the 21916 Energy Titanium ROM w/HTC Wifi Router
Old 07-31-2011, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Just switched to the freeze rom and it will probably be about as fast of a boot as you can get (it is MUCH faster than stock). Add in the HTC wifi router and your set.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

take a base rom and use a kitchen to customize what you want an what you don't want..you may still want certain customization like custom comm manager for easier control of wifi tethering and etc..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i would 2nd a titanium rom. been running Nrgz Titanium and its a fast boot and fast running as well.

You can use a tool called HTCrie to edit the rom.

I have been doing this to lighten the rom up by taking out programs and tools that I dont use.
This doesnt really help speed up the boot time any but makes the rom lighter in what it takes for ROM space leaving more for other programs and temp files.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I have a similiar question pertaining to Tethering , but with one line not two .. If i have two TP2's , Can i activate both phones onto ONE number , force EVDO on the one phone and have it constantly tether . While being free to use my other phone for texts and calls .
Old 08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I have a similiar question pertaining to Tethering , but with one line not two .. If i have two TP2's , Can i activate both phones onto ONE number , force EVDO on the one phone and have it constantly tether . While being free to use my other phone for texts and calls .

lemme just quickly pop in here and say that this question/discussion isnt for here; U basically asking about cloning, so best bet is: NOT here, against site rule

dude
Old 08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
lemme just quickly pop in here and say that this question/discussion isnt for here; U basically asking about cloning, so best bet is: NOT here, against site rule

dude
alright I'm sorry , I had an idea that's what I'd have to do , but wasn't sure if there was a more legal way ...
Old 08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@elesbb ur best bet is to get another line and use that one for tethering. or u can enable DDTM mode but it won't stop texts from coming through.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2