PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   insurance replacement (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146002)

insurance replacement

Does anyone know what Asurion is replacing the Tilt 2 with now? My screen stopped working today (bad digitizer?) and hard resets/reflashes haven't resolved it. Their website shows the Tilt 2 is no longer in stock so I'm trying to find out what they're going to offer me so I can go in prepared.

Re: insurance replacement

Okay, never mind. They were going to send me the blue Tilt 2. When I questioned why the website was showing out of stock when I tried to submit the claim the nice lady also offered me the choice of the HTC Surround. I'm sick of the performance issues of my Tilt 2 so this should be a nice change.

eric12341 07-26-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar28 (Post 2132098)
Okay, never mind. They were going to send me the blue Tilt 2. When I questioned why the website was showing out of stock when I tried to submit the claim the nice lady also offered me the choice of the HTC Surround. I'm sick of the performance issues of my Tilt 2 so this should be a nice change.

nice and as soon as u get that surround, u can download and install the mango beta on it.

Aleki 07-26-2011 09:44 PM

I quickly grew to like WP7. I have a feeling it will be heavily supported by devs after the release of Mango. Specially since MS okayed the Chevron Unlock :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2132264)
nice and as soon as u get that surround, u can download and install the mango beta on it.

LOL. I was sitting around this afternoon trying to figure out how to get Mango on it and I haven't even gotten it yet. Should be here tomorrow according to FedEx.

Dr.8820 07-27-2011 12:28 AM

You won't be disappointed with WP7..just saying :). All of these OS'es are growing, but only WP7 has all phones running on the same cylinders.

Thanks. I'm a little nervous, the Surround isn't the hardware that would have been my first choice. But it should be a massive step up from the Tilt 2. I just need to get Mango on there asap. :)

Dr.8820 07-27-2011 01:13 AM

Just be patient, don't get caught up on the # of apps, nor the processors...WP7 runs like butter, trust me.

SweetBearCub 07-27-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2132377)
Just be patient, don't get caught up on the # of apps, nor the processors...WP7 runs like butter, trust me.

I cannot agree with you.

How is the number of apps on a platform not an issue? Without apps, the phone might as well be a dumb-phone. Apps are an enormous part of what makes our phones, regardless of platform, truly useful.

As far as you (essentially?) saying that hardware, or lack thereof, shouldn't be a consideration - I disagree. Without good hardware behind the apps, their full potential is limited.

Lastly, please explain to me, in detail how WP7 runs like butter. As far as I know, WP7 still has many limitations that other platforms have never had, such as a lack of multitasking. I am not aware of what features the latest WP7 updates have added, but I *think* they did finally add cut/copy/paste at least.

For example, show me how any currently shipping WP7 handset that is currently available from a US carrier (no import models unless they will work with US 3G or 4G) compares with say, a slightly older Android handset that I own - A Samsung (Sprint) Epic 4G. It'll be one year old on August 31st, 2011.

In brief, 1 Ghz processor, high-end discrete graphics processor, flexible audio hardware, 4.0-inch AMOLED gorilla glass capacitive multi-touch screen, 1 GB of internal storage, up to 32 GB of easily replaceable external storage, slide-out 5 row keyboard, over a quarter of a million apps (last I knew), 5MP main camera with LED flash, auto-focus, and anti-shake, a VGA front-facing camera, Adobe Flash capability, etc.

Please note, this is not a fanboy post. I honestly want to know exactly how you think any WP7 handset is anywhere near even my older Android handset.

Dr.8820 07-27-2011 02:06 AM

Link me one post that says WP7 is laggy...it doesn't need a 1.2 or 6 ghz processor to work right. Show me one phone that can load the ENTIRE marketplace...I'll wait..