PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: insurance replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Link me one post that says WP7 is laggy...it doesn't need a 1.2 or 6 ghz processor to work right. Show me one phone that can load the ENTIRE marketplace...I'll wait..
Since you asked, here's 3.

[WP7 + XNA] SoundEffectInstance Play lags
Crazy lag in long text conversations
About EAS and WP7 device email sync lag

These all came up one the first page of a Google search. There were more, I chose these essentially at random.

Please define "load the entire marketplace". Do you mean to install every app available? Do you mean to load an interface to display all available apps?

Also, please answer the other questions in my post.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

ahhh, a cock fight...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

let me ask you this, without thread jacking, what do you recommend?

Last edited by Dr.8820; 07-27-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

let me ask you this, without thread jacking, what do you recommend?
I recommend that the OP go try out (i.e, actively use for several minutes) a sample of each major smartphone OS and move to whatever platform suits him/her the best. Recommending WP7 simply because that's what Asurion offered him, and then trying to justify it because you think it's great isn't a road to happiness.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Account Disabled

hmmmm, in case you missed it, the phone is already in the mail..

Last edited by Dr.8820; 07-27-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

hmmmm, in case you missed it, the phone is already in the mail..
Last I knew, you can return phones that Asurion sends, call back, and argue your case for an equivalent handset that meets your needs, even if it runs a different OS.

Of course this is not official Asurion policy, but I've seen people do just that successfully when their handset was discontinued. As with all things that are not official, and even some that are, your mileage/success rate may vary, depending on the rep you get, their mood, the phase of the moon, and probably the status of William Shatner's toupée.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Account Disabled

Fail

Sent from The Syndicate using Board Express
Old 07-27-2011, 05:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Fail
Are you trying to say that you fail? It's difficult to tell since you apparently are unable to string words together into these things we call sentences.

If however, you are saying that you fail, I'd have to agree.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
I cannot agree with you.

How is the number of apps on a platform not an issue? Without apps, the phone might as well be a dumb-phone. Apps are an enormous part of what makes our phones, regardless of platform, truly useful.

As far as you (essentially?) saying that hardware, or lack thereof, shouldn't be a consideration - I disagree. Without good hardware behind the apps, their full potential is limited.

Lastly, please explain to me, in detail how WP7 runs like butter. As far as I know, WP7 still has many limitations that other platforms have never had, such as a lack of multitasking. I am not aware of what features the latest WP7 updates have added, but I *think* they did finally add cut/copy/paste at least.

For example, show me how any currently shipping WP7 handset that is currently available from a US carrier (no import models unless they will work with US 3G or 4G) compares with say, a slightly older Android handset that I own - A Samsung (Sprint) Epic 4G. It'll be one year old on August 31st, 2011.

In brief, 1 Ghz processor, high-end discrete graphics processor, flexible audio hardware, 4.0-inch AMOLED gorilla glass capacitive multi-touch screen, 1 GB of internal storage, up to 32 GB of easily replaceable external storage, slide-out 5 row keyboard, over a quarter of a million apps (last I knew), 5MP main camera with LED flash, auto-focus, and anti-shake, a VGA front-facing camera, Adobe Flash capability, etc.

Please note, this is not a fanboy post. I honestly want to know exactly how you think any WP7 handset is anywhere near even my older Android handset.
wow how behind and not up to date u are. the mango beta is now out in the wild and I've had it on my arrive for almost a month now and it blows my cousins EVO, and my friends Aria and just about every other similar spec'd android phone out of the water. there's so much one can do without even launching an app. I can download music, stream music, play a playlist based on the current song I was listening to with songs from the marketplace. take pictures and videos and upload them to SkyDrive and view them from SkyDrive so I don't have to have them on my phone. view and edit office documents without downloading them from SkyDrive, chat on Facebook, check in, view Facebook news feed. create groups of contacts and the live tiles of these contacts do unique things if they have Facebook profiles, they shift to show their latest activity on Facebook,whether it's a new status update or a new photo, the live tile reveals it. html5 web browsing with higher framerates than android and iOS. I can scan barcodes and text on products to get info or the best price, I can scan songs that are playing nearby without having to use shazam. and there's much more but those are what I use and like the most. once again I can do all of these without having to launch a 3rd party app. and about the specs goto the 3VO and TB forums and read all the complaints people are having there. my arrive just works, no matter what.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

that dude hi-jacked this thread to come @ me lol.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2