PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

m1dwestrep is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well what plan are u on? I think all it is is going to SERO premium and that's only $10-$20 more from standard SERO.
I have a fair/flex plan. paying about $25. $32 with insurance and tax. Unlimited inet, txting, etc. From what Ive seen I would pay about $30-$40 to get a newer plan.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Optimus/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

darme2doit is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm done, I think I'm going back to Android, every ROM I flashed made the phone seem buggy, I know custom ROM aren't perfect, but my goodness, some of the smallest things get annoying. I've tried Sharkie, Energy, Stock. and Mighty Rom. I've owned this phone for four days, and I'm giving up. And I normally keep a new phone for at least a year, but not this time.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darme2doit View Post
I'm done, I think I'm going back to Android, every ROM I flashed made the phone seem buggy, I know custom ROM aren't perfect, but my goodness, some of the smallest things get annoying. I've tried Sharkie, Energy, Stock. and Mighty Rom. I've owned this phone for four days, and I'm giving up. And I normally keep a new phone for at least a year, but not this time.
I never had any real problems with my tp2 or any other WM phone. I'll suggest u goto wp7.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Now I'm looking for a good stock ROM, but without all the extra programs for a family memeber. Right now he's running an old Mighty ROm, and his phone been freezing all day. I had the stock one on, and he had no problems, but I'd like to put something a bit nicer, stock, but different icons and less junk.
Try LEAD ROM. He has a lite version.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darme2doit
If you just flash the Sprint shipped 6.1 rom and install the gttl tweaks cab you'll have a stable device.

Sorry to say it but, you are doing something wrong.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i've settle on a nice rom, so far so good, just can't get wifi working for the internet, I'm using Blackout ROm. what's gttl tweaks cabs, I flashed 6.1 on my husbands phone and his is great, me I like the custom stuff. What's gttl tweaks
Old 07-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darme2doit
i've settle on a nice rom, so far so good, just can't get wifi working for the internet, I'm using Blackout ROm. what's gttl tweaks cabs, I flashed 6.1 on my husbands phone and his is great, me I like the custom stuff. What's gttl tweaks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...h+pro2+cleanup
Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

yeah i saw that, some of those things i like to keep on my phone, but thanks, we good now, one phone running 6.1 stock, and mines Blackout Rom.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
yeah i saw that, some of those things i like to keep on my phone, but thanks, we good now, one phone running 6.1 stock, and mines Blackout Rom.
@darme2doit I didn't like the blackout rom for a few reasons.

1) No Spanish language SIP within EZInput.
2) 21056 build seemed kinda buggy compared to 21057 and 21052 (stock ROM)
3)SMS timestamps were based off phone time rather than actual time sent.

I recommend this rom.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-6-1-only.html
Old 08-01-2011, 12:57 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

yeah i saw that one, the theme look boring, i've been searching for themes, but not sure if the 6.5 themes will work with 6.1 ROM. I like black or dark blue themes, that's what caught my eye with Blackout. But I will try that now, I do have it, but haven't tried yet.

Last edited by darme2doit; 08-02-2011 at 10:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2