PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 10:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kf4qhk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make Touch Pro 2 Faster?

Hey guys, I have a Sprint TP2, original Rom, I think - it's very choppy and slow, and sometimes, it gets very awkward.

What have you all done to improve your TP2?

Thanks.

Jeremy
Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Make Touch Pro 2 Faster?

well u can start here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...dont-know.html

there contains a collection of tweaks that u can use to speed up the tp2 notably the removal of the phone canvas dialer. that gave me the greatest speed increase when I had my tp2, u can also flash a different rom such as the stock 6.1 rom or a custom rom such as sharkie or vins.

u can also try to overclock ur tp2 to a higher speed using the program in this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-app-here.html

Last edited by eric12341; 07-22-2011 at 11:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

Dumb question - I ama novice. How do you edit the registry on this thing/add roms?

Jeremy
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

oh sorry, here's a link to a registry editor:

PocketPCFreeware : PHM Registry Editor 0.70

AND

here's a link to how to flash a custom rom:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

after that u can download any custom rom from the TP2 development section and flash it but I'd recommend u start with the other tips first.

Last edited by eric12341; 07-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kf4qhk is a n00b

All that stuff looks mighty scary - how hard would it be for me to completely mess up my phone?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; FROYO X GINGER CWM V3 Build/FROYO X GINGER CWM V3) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4qhk
All that stuff looks mighty scary - how hard would it be for me to completely mess up my phone?
It is kind of easy to brick one. Just read up before you try anything.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The easiest way to make it faster is to use Titanium ("Windows Default") interface instead of Sense. It takes much less memory, and I personally find it easier, faster and more intuitive to use, especially one-handed. There are many useful plugins for it. Also, if you're using lock on your device, I suggest replacing the default locking application with S2U2 - it's much more configurable and it frees up some memory, the Windows native lock is huge. Another thing you can do is replacing the default Contact app with iContact AE - it's faster and it makes it much easier to find contacts. Getting rid of Sense is #1 though.

2nd easiest thing you can do is overclocking. I used it for a while now and I see no negative effects. The trick is to find the settings that works for you (i.e. keeps device from freezing). For me it was 748 mHz but it is probably rom and device dependent. WiMoSpeed is what I use, very easy & simple.

Finally, you can flash another ROM - it's easier than it sounds . There's a very good step by step guide on this forum. I like Vin's ROMs, they are fast and very stable. However, I was using Sprint default for almost a year, and while Vin's is faster, Sprint default ROM is not bad either, most of the slowdowns etc. can be fixed in settings, Sense is your #1 enemy.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

The BEST way to speed it up is to just disable EVERYTHING at Settings>Today>Items. No Sense, no windows default, no date or time, no not nothin.
Reset the device, and you'll find that everything is snappy and instant and the phone is 100% usable. Memory consumption will run 30-55%. Life is good. Figure out what buttons/info you need, then install lightweight plugins and cabs to customize the home screen.

I go for these:

Pocket Digital Clock: Has SECONDS!!! hold to set alarms.

Keyswop-Assign the softkeys to what ever functions you wish.

jd TaskManager-Enables the super useful task manager button, Top/right corner.
Attached Files
File Type: cab KeySwop.CAB (113.9 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab jd TaskManager_2_1_19213732_17.cab (942.5 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

+1 for WinMoSpeed!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
+1 for WinMoSpeed!
yes thatwhat I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
The BEST way to speed it up is to just disable EVERYTHING at Settings>Today>Items. No Sense, no windows default, no date or time, no not nothin. ......
haha am fully loaded with sh*t load of apps, having Sense2.5 and CHT1.7 and other mods and skins and running as snappy as ever, faster than any 6.5 or 6.5.x rom, BUT..
Of course to do this, I have to be on a 6.1rom, and overclocked to 768Mhz, hehe.
Here is a small pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen06.jpg (11.6 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-15-2011 at 05:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2