PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, Sprint Rep Says TP2 is NOT a Smartphone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Agreed. I am running Android 2.2 on my TP2 and I use LESS data now than I did before just by "gut" feeling and its a pretty solid feeling.

with PUSH and the efficiency of the apps that I now use instead of a page in a browser even with my REALLY slow phone (for android) I get my data cleanly and faster WAY faster than in winmo in the browser.

very efficient. My phone now access the internet "more often" but it moves less "bytes" each time it does so since its doing so very cleanly and efficiently now.
@nerys well u only used the stock sprint 6.5 rom extra bloated with CHT so of course android would seem faster, try comparing it to a non bloated 6.5 or 6.1 u probably wouldn't say the same thing. I once used android 2.1 and it wasn't that much more stable and it even froze on me a few times.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz
Haha as a sprint rep I find this kind of embarrassing...

As someone who had the tp2 I know it is a smartphone just because it was windows mobile 6 and 6.5 doesn't make it a "dumb" phone in fact I had a lot
Of fun with mine I think its the newer generation of people to smartphones who think android and ios are smart. Quite frankly I think it to be a bit disappointing because the older operating systems are the foundation to where we are now....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

After over 13 years with Sprint, I'm about to throw in the towel and move on. Been having lots of problems lately with missing texts, data not working, texts not sending - not only on my phone, but my family (non smartphone) phones as well. On top of that, I have been having ongoing problems with my airvana and I've spent so much time in the last few weeks on the phone with Sprint that I'm just plain over it. In the past, I used to call and things would be fixed right away, now it seems like its someone else's fault or that's just the way it is and live with it.

I'm over it.

David
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
After over 13 years with Sprint, I'm about to throw in the towel and move on. Been having lots of problems lately with missing texts, data not working, texts not sending - not only on my phone, but my family (non smartphone) phones as well. On top of that, I have been having ongoing problems with my airvana and I've spent so much time in the last few weeks on the phone with Sprint that I'm just plain over it. In the past, I used to call and things would be fixed right away, now it seems like its someone else's fault or that's just the way it is and live with it.

I'm over it.

David

I entierly agree.
Sprints really dropped the ball. especially with all the issues I have been having with my phone at home.

It took untill this morning, after almost 3 weeks if anyone else has followed my recent rants.... to tell me that they do have a tower being upgraded in my home town because the towere has recently reached an over capasitance.

After being on the phone and chatt rooms like every day for 3 weeks, (Always being told that they had no reported issues with towers anywhere near me) a guy today finally told me that the tower shows that it will be under upgrade constroction to support a higher population of users in the immeadiate area untill oct 31.

BUT...
He cant tell me when the tower started being repaired because its not on record of when they started, it only ses when it will be finished and that it is being worked on.

WTF...
If they had been on their A game, The replacment store would have fixed my cracked screen, I wouldnt have been lied to about a replacment phone because of my phone not connecting to the network, the store in town wouldnt have hung up on me (A MANAGER at that told me he didnt have time to talk on the phone and said if I needed help to go to the store in person on the other side of town) I wouldnt have had to buy a whole nother phone to find that the towers and not my phone where the issue....

AND... they wouldnt have only just told me that the towers were the issue.

OH and BY THE WAY.... every time I have talked to them they have tried to get me upgrade my phone and double my monthly payment in the process.

yay sprint...
Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
I entierly agree.
Sprints really dropped the ball. especially with all the issues I have been having with my phone at home.

It took untill this morning, after almost 3 weeks if anyone else has followed my recent rants.... to tell me that they do have a tower being upgraded in my home town because the towere has recently reached an over capasitance.

After being on the phone and chatt rooms like every day for 3 weeks, (Always being told that they had no reported issues with towers anywhere near me) a guy today finally told me that the tower shows that it will be under upgrade constroction to support a higher population of users in the immeadiate area untill oct 31.

BUT...
He cant tell me when the tower started being repaired because its not on record of when they started, it only ses when it will be finished and that it is being worked on.

WTF...
If they had been on their A game, The replacment store would have fixed my cracked screen, I wouldnt have been lied to about a replacment phone because of my phone not connecting to the network, the store in town wouldnt have hung up on me (A MANAGER at that told me he didnt have time to talk on the phone and said if I needed help to go to the store in person on the other side of town) I wouldnt have had to buy a whole nother phone to find that the towers and not my phone where the issue....

AND... they wouldnt have only just told me that the towers were the issue.

OH and BY THE WAY.... every time I have talked to them they have tried to get me upgrade my phone and double my monthly payment in the process.

yay sprint...
did u PM jellybean91 on the sprint forums? it took me until doing that to get an honest response about my ongoing data issues in my hometown. she told me that the towers in my area won't be finished with repairs and upgrades till 9/30. they have been having capacity problems all over tho and its only going to get worse when the iPhone comes if they don't fix it which is what they seem to be doing.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
did u PM jellybean91 on the sprint forums? it took me until doing that to get an honest response about my ongoing data issues in my hometown. she told me that the towers in my area won't be finished with repairs and upgrades till 9/30. they have been having capacity problems all over tho and its only going to get worse when the iPhone comes if they don't fix it which is what they seem to be doing.

I didnt contact her, But I did finally talk to someone who was willing to put effort into looking at the issue.

For whatever reason, they had my location as being in copperas cove, wich is 30 mins west.

So they would alsways say I shouldnt have any issues.

But this guy put in a ticket for my issue and locked it open so that other reps wouldnt look at it and dismiss it like it had been done every other time I talked with them.

The ticket said to call me to check on status and when they called and asked if the data was cleared i said HELL NO lol

So they looked more into it and apearently out of nowhere, they have a tower they had been working on for they dont know how long because of capasity issues.

Thier computer verifies that 2 towers here are under upgrades/repair.
But the computer does not say when they started on it

they said the estimaded date is oct 31

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2