PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Screen Not Responding at all, can I access where you switch to GSM mode?

Ok well my LG G2X kept restarting itself over and over when I turn it on so its going to be sent out for repair after 3 weeks of use....damn.

But anyway, since I was using simple mobile, I just need to slap the SIM card back in my old HTC TP2 and switch it to GSM mode and whalla it usually works fine. Unfortunately, all of a sudden the touch screen is not responding to the touch of a finger at all. All I have to do is change it to GSM mode on the phone. I got to the COMM Manager from the keyboard, but the problem is I cant select the "Phone" tab with the "enter" button on the keypad. When I push "enter", all it does is keep turning the phone on and off like airplane mode. This is usually the way I get to the place where I can switch the phone to GSM mode, but I cannot push the tab on the screen.

Is there a way to navigate to where I have to go with the keyboard or does anyone know what is wrong with it all of a sudden?

Please help, I need a phone to use whole the new one is being repaired. Thank you.

Last edited by TheKid1; 07-09-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I would hard reset. That should fix it. You could use My Mobiler or EveryWAN to retrieve data before you hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2