PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 12:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2
Carrier: Sprint

sacr3d is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to talk

Currently running the newest Energy rom - Sprint provision

I've ran task 29 multiple times and tried 3 different energy roms and yet I cannot talk on my phone. I can receive and dial out, but no one can hear me.

I did notice my Radio is 2.32.00WF.

Any ideas on a radio I can install without unlocking my SIM? Am I even supposed to have that radio considering I thought stock was like 1.9 something.

Please help
Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Unable to talk

Am having the same issue, but I am thinking mine is due to my phone hardware. (Sprint Store ordered me a replacement...2-3days...SIGH)

My current workaround is to place a call and then switch to speaker so I can hear the phone ringing and or person talking. After call is working in speaker mode I then switch speakerphone off and sometimes the headset and mic work other times I have to switch back to speakerphone and try again.

(I tried the hint of disabling the Noise Cancellation through the menu options when you have the dialpad open hit menu options and then select something like call barring to bring up the "Real" Phone options menu and then you can turn off Noise Cancellaction to see if that corrects your mic issue while in a call.)

After I receive my new (or Refurbished) TP2 in a few days i will let you know whether or not it was a handset issue.

I was at first experiencing these issues on the Jun 1 29020 Sencity RHOD CHT 2.0 builds but I have the same issue even when after a couple Task 29 and running on the Stock Sprint MR1 Build - which is why I was almost certain it was a handset issue.

(If you have TEP, just task 29 and take your phone in...much easier than replicating the no mic issue)

P.S.- Experiecend issue on both 2.32.00WF and 2.32.00WU with PRL 51079

(Was sometimes getting the same issue on my EVO and EVO shift but it was only when the phone was 'mis-handling' when switching between Roaming.....but the Arrive hasn't given me these issues at all. (These 3 are running PRL 60679)

Last edited by mariano3113; 07-06-2011 at 12:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, any reason you dont just flash another rom or stock and see if its rom or phone?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I'll try and flash to the stock ROM or to an existing ROM that I know worked.

It was weird because 3 days ago someone couldn't hear me so I didn't think any thing of it because I called them back and I was able to talk on the same ROM that I have on now. Only issue I had at the time was my phone after closing or opening my keyboard it would restart my phone. So I ran task29 again and the ROM again it fixed the keyboard issue, but now of course I'm unable to talk to anyone.

Its possible its a hardware issue. I've had this phone since it came out.

Only issue is I don't and doubt I have a warranty on it of course. So I'm left with buying a new phone quickly or being patient and deal with not being able to talk and just text lol.

Last edited by sacr3d; 07-06-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sounds like a hardware issue to me.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

try with a headset? same results? if so then id say it's a hardware issue.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a hardware issue which sucks. I can use my phone for texting and that's it. Waiting on some new phones to be released before I buy one though :\
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
Sounds like a hardware issue to me.
Yes im with you guys, keep us posted.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacr3d
Currently running the newest Energy rom - Sprint provision

I've ran task 29 multiple times and tried 3 different energy roms and yet I cannot talk on my phone. I can receive and dial out, but no one can hear me.

I did notice my Radio is 2.32.00WF.

Any ideas on a radio I can install without unlocking my SIM? Am I even supposed to have that radio considering I thought stock was like 1.9 something.

Please help
If you flash your shipped rom and it still does not work then yes you need repair or replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2