PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flashing a new radio issue

after flashing the latest verizon radio , my device lags exponentially . its happened with two devices I've had . could my radio be faulty on my laptop since I copy it to different locations a lot ? what could be doing this ?? it happens to every rom I flash too .
Old 06-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: flashing a new radio issue

alright , I just flashed back to stock radio , works fine . downloaded again the latest vzw radio and it works . must have been a bad file I had since it was so old .
Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
alright , I just flashed back to stock radio , works fine . downloaded again the latest vzw radio and it works . must have been a bad file I had since it was so old .
alright it still slows to a crawl . anyone know why this is happening when I flash a different radio ? I remember on my very first phone I had the vzw radio on it with much increased service . why can't I flash that radio onto my phone now ?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am on the latest radio from vzw. havent seen the lag you are talking about.

Flashed to it almost as soon as it came out.

Latest being 2.37, correct?

If you flash stock rom, does it still show same lag?

And when you say lag, is it lag moving from 1x to EV or ???

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am on the latest radio from vzw. havent seen the lag you are talking about.

Flashed to it almost as soon as it came out.

Latest being 2.37, correct?

If you flash stock rom, does it still show same lag?

And when you say lag, is it lag moving from 1x to EV or ???
No the latest i found was 2.35 . can you link to the newer radio ?

And lag huh , i mean like EVERYTHING lags . the entire phone . it wont even shut off . it just hangs there and freezes .
Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

After you flashed the new radio did you try updating your PRL?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This post has the verizon 2.37 radio. It was part of the verizon MR3 update.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post2009089
Old 07-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Threadstarter

prl is the latest . I have a feeling I'm missing something from my rom . I'm gonna flash to stock then try the vzw radio
Old 07-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

hmm I had that radio on my tp2 for the longest time since VIN included it with his rom until I bought my arrive and flashed back to stock thinking that id get more than $25for it and I had no issues with it.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
hmm I had that radio on my tp2 for the longest time since VIN included it with his rom until I bought my arrive and flashed back to stock thinking that id get more than $25for it and I had no issues with it.
yeah I had it on my other touch pro 2s with custom roms . but since I build roms for barebones , I have a feeling I left something out . I'm gonna try the prl update after flashing the new radio , but I do have the latest (51079) is what it is . so I don't know if a different one will come up with the different radio or not . oh well back to the drawing board ! ^-^ never know till ya try !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2