PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

freeland24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

So, I am getting ready to buy the front camera from a euro TP2 and attempt to install it on my Sprint TP2, I know i need the face plate with the camera hole and obviously the camera itself. But I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the board where the camera plugs into. I have searched as many tear down docs and I can find but no photo of that board from the proper angle.

Any input on this?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

Wow, you are definitely ambitious. I would love to see you get this working, then you can tell the rest of us how to do it.

Does it need special drivers/software/custom built rom?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeland24 View Post
So, I am getting ready to buy the front camera from a euro TP2 and attempt to install it on my Sprint TP2, I know i need the face plate with the camera hole and obviously the camera itself. But I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the board where the camera plugs into. I have searched as many tear down docs and I can find but no photo of that board from the proper angle.

Any input on this?
Sweet ! Didn't know this was possible !

Sent from my BLAZN 2.2.2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

freeland24 is a n00b

I am assuming I will need to get drivers from a euro rom... I was hoping that someone knew a little more about it that me...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeland24 View Post
I am assuming I will need to get drivers from a euro rom... I was hoping that someone knew a little more about it that me...
I believe you are going where few, if any, have ventured before!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Do it please and I will follow...
Old 03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

believe the boards are different between the GSM and CDMA versions.....front camera socket on front of board where CDMA only has single back side connection for the camera.

Still, would love to see someone give it a try....maybe bridge the ribbon cable from the back to the front and see if you can get it to power both cameras at the same time?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

This guy says it will fit perfectly, but without a firmware hack you'll never get to enable it.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Front cam
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Humm... good to see this thread progressing a little!!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

no kidding, if someone can confirm i would definitely follow suit...

or if someone wanted to pitch in a donate for funding for me to do it personally... oh come on, i had to do it... after all its how I did mods on my Sony CLIE UX-50... rest its ass kicking soul (it can still kick most smart phones ass's today)... If someone could put Android on the UX-50 id go back to a shitty flip-phone any day...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
front camera, mods, touch pro 2