PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Azrial is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Azrial
How to add Extra "Emergency" Contacts

The problem is that I have to use the lock screen in the environment that I work in, to prevent tampering.

I was really worried about this as sometimes I need to make phone calls very quickly. Then I realized that through EPST I could define up to 8 extra numbers of my own choosing that I could call via 3 number shortcuts directly from the lock screen keypad. I could get 9 if I deleted 112, the European Emergency Number.

Of course the phone will remain "locked" to all other use, but this also works well for me, as I do not have to take the time to re-lock my phone.

Is my situation unique, or has someone else tried this?

Last edited by Azrial; 06-25-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Slip of the fingers.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: How to add Extra "Emergency" Contacts

Never dealt with a situation like this, but PocketShield has a lot of options and might be able to do something like this for you as well.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrial View Post
The problem is that I have to use the lock screen in the environment that I work in, to prevent tampering.

I was really worried about this as sometimes I need to make phone calls very quickly. Then I realized that through ESPT I could define up to 8 extra numbers of my own choosing that I could call via 3 number shortcuts directly from the lock screen keypad. I could get 9 if I deleted 112, the European Emergency Number.

Of course the phone will remain "locked" to all other use, but this also works well for me, as I do not have to take the time to re-lock my phone.

Is my situation unique, or has someone else tried this?
have you searched the registry for anything ?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrial View Post
Then I realized that through ESPT I could define up to 8 extra numbers of my own choosing that I could call via 3 number shortcuts directly from the lock screen keypad.

... has someone else tried this?
I didnt know you can get keypad on lockscreen, can you post pic?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I didnt know you can get keypad on lockscreen, can you post pic?
Ya and maybe some instructions on the EPST editing or a link. That sounds quite handy. I use the lock screen too.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

Azrial is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Azrial

burtonsnow8, PocketShield sounds interesting, but as the OEM lockscreen on my HTC Touch Pro2 does all of this, so seems unnecessary. BTW, this whole thing only applies to that phone, hence this section, as well a most likely some other HTC phones.

MaXX134 Getting to the Lock Screen with the keypad is simple, go to Settings > Security > Phone Lock and then enable.

Elesbb & Briggs, Searching the registry seems unnecessary, the functions are clearly defended in the ESPT function of the HTC. Editing the EPST is clearly instructed otherwise on this site, but basically, you enter ##778# for Sprint and ##778 for Verizon (unknown for others) and when you get to the screen first screen you select EDIT, and then enter your MSL (Look up the methods for obtaining on this site) for the password. Go to the "Phone Directory" screen and you will see the numbers that are already defined. Add your own...

I hope that helps anyone here with a similar problem/need!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do you need to be security unlocked to get to this?

On verizon and I am not seeing Settings -> Security -> Phone Lock.....

Is this at registry level as well? If so, where are in registry (if you know).

Thanks.

For reference, I am on Titanium 29020 ROM (WM6.5.x)

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-25-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Do you need to be security unlocked to get to this?

On verizon and I am not seeing Settings -> Security -> Phone Lock.....

Is this at registry level as well? If so, where are in registry (if you know).

Thanks.

For reference, I am on Titanium 29020 ROM (WM6.5.x)
just go to settings then you should see a lock . that's it .
Old 06-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I did.

Can you send a screen shot of it? Still not seeing this.

Wondering if its an issue with being on the Titanium 29020 ROM.....hmmm.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

blegs38552 is a n00b

After much effort, I was able to access the EPST function. I saw the emergency numbers, and tried to add my office phone number to the list. However, I saw no way to identify the number as an emergency number. I did not find a way to change the Item description for #2 Name to Emergency #4. I entered the Setting as Work, and the #3 number as my work number, but I could not dial the number from my Locked screen. For obvious reasons, I have not tried to edit the first 3 emergency numbers, so I have no idea if this will even work on this phone. Also, I had to reset 5 or 6 times before the phone fully booted up, so I am obviously reluctant to make any other changes in this.

Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2