PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

sa330206 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cannot stay on a call more than 20 minutes because phone goes into Airplane mode?

I have had the Touch Pro 2 for over a year and constantly have the problem of it going into Airplane mode when I'm on a call. After about 20 minutes the phone goes into Airplane Mode turning off the phone and drops the call. I had the problem with my first TP2 but I dropped it in water by accident and got a new one using the replacement plan. The new one does the same thing. I mailed it into HTC and they confirmed a problem with the circuit board and replaced it. This still didn't fix the problem so they sent me a new battery. I am now in the process of sending in my phone for the 3rd time. I've looked around and can't find much of anything for this issue. It appears the battery is getting hot when the phone goes into airplane mode. If you call back the phone will start going into airplane mode every 5 minutes or so. Anyone heard of this or have any suggestions?? I've even offered to take a lesser phone but HTC insists on me to keep sending it in but this has become a huge pain. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

never heard of this happening.

stock rom with what carrier?
what apps installed?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Cannot stay on a call more than 20 minutes because phone goes into Airplane mode?

sounds like a week signal . or do you actually have to turn off flight mode after a phone call ?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Cannot stay on a call more than 20 minutes because phone goes into Airplane mode?

This might sound odd, but i has having a similiar issue that had to do with the way my ear touched the top bar. You'll notice if you tap the signal bar, it goes to the notification screen, from there another tap brings your to the comm manager, and another flips airplane mode. All these icons are in the top right section of the screen. I solved it by using an in call lock.

Maybe we have the same shaped ear.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
This might sound odd, but i has having a similiar issue that had to do with the way my ear touched the top bar. You'll notice if you tap the signal bar, it goes to the notification screen, from there another tap brings your to the comm manager, and another flips airplane mode. All these icons are in the top right section of the screen. I solved it by using an in call lock.

Maybe we have the same shaped ear.
LOL! Nice work Chuggy.... you got it... drives me insane, all the time.. usually when im on an interview or something!

In fact... just ask Ninja Duck, happened 3 times on a call to him! Maybe now he believes me

Settings, System, Lock config, enable, lock on suspend... i hit the power button each time on a call..

Last edited by teradog; 06-21-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi can see that happening if the screen stayed on or turned on while on phone,
but on my current rom it is working normal,
as my proximity sensor shuts screen off when close to ear in a call..
So I would also suggest another option.
Install "Nuebattery", and check off the options that say,
"Disable flight mode"..on low batttey,
I think

Last edited by Maxx134; 06-21-2011 at 11:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sa330206 is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. This issue has been driving me crazy since I got the phone. Since I already have a RMA in I'm going to mail the phone in one more time. Last time they admitted there was a defective circuit board. A lot of times when I'm on the call and look at the screen it goes black so I wasn't aware I could still be hitting buttons with my ear. I see exactly what you are talking about though where you could easily navigate to airplane mode. Pretty crappy design for a phone! Once I get the phone back I'll try the "lock" technique. I'd really just like to get a new phone but I'm on the Sprint SERO plan and this is the best it gets. Thanks again!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Hi can see that happening if the screen stayed on or turned on while on phone,
but on my current rom it is working normal,
as my proximity sensor shuts screen off when close to ear in a call..
So I would also suggest another option.
Install "Nuebattery", and check off the options that say,
"Disable flight mode"..on low batttey,
I think
Hey, Maxx... how's it going..
Kinda surprised at you using the proximity sensor... uses more battery to keep monitoring! ... coming from the battery cab guru & all ...
Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Hey, Maxx... how's it going..
Kinda surprised at you using the proximity sensor... uses more battery to keep monitoring! ... coming from the battery cab guru & all ...
Haha you are correct,
I presently switched over to a Sharkie rom that has it by default,
and my cabs don't cover that aspect, as thats a personal choice.
Anyway I am getting excellent milage I can last a day on stock battery.
I feel it is also because Asurion gave me a new red battery with my TP2 replacement.
It is same Ma, but since newer, prob more closer to actual rating.

Asurion replacement direct with $100 deductable is much better than Sprint store refurbs,
As came in newer condition than refurb units and performs like new.
All outside parts completely new with plastic to peel off even around keyboard & back of screen.

Some refurbs have old parts, like the keyboard or you can feel the silver buttons, or volume buttons worn down.
Anyway, goodluck to you.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

holy crap so im not the only mutant! Thank you! It happens to me alot and since i never heard of it happening to anyone else i though it just might be my weird shaped ears

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2