PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

finality is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error Code 67; No Data Plan! (Again...)

Hi, everyone. I made a post about this a little while ago, but the problem is coming back. I'm with Sprint, and I don't have data for my Touch Pro 2. The error code 67 message would pop up constantly, and somebody I suggested I got to Settings > All Settings > Connections > Connections > Manage Existing Connections and delete the one labeled "Sprint #777." It worked, but only temporarily. The connection just keeps coming back by itself no matter how many times I delete it (AND every time I restart the phone, too)! Somebody please help me get rid of this stupid thing for good!

Thanks in advance to all who reply! ((:

Last edited by finality; 06-14-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Super genious in training
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Error Code 67; No Data Plan! (Again...)

interesting .. so after you delete the connection .. and turn off the phone then turn it on again the connection is back ? correct ?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

finality is a n00b

Yes, elesbb, that's exactly it. Recently, though, even when I DON'T restart the phone, the connection just comes right back!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It's the HTC CMGuardian file that's restoreing it. Look for Shaggylive's CMKiller cab here and install it. Or create a dummy 0kb txt file using Pocket Word and then use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to rename the HTC CMGuardian file in the main Windows folder to HTC CMGuardianOld and the Okb dummy txt file you created to match the filename you renamed and then copy it to the Windows folder. Then soft reset and delete the old file. Then go in and remove your connection and it should stay removed.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

finality is a n00b

Horndoctor, I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. I installed the CMKiller .cab and then deleted the connection, but it was back as soon as I went back to make sure it was gone.

This stubborn data connection just won't go awayyy!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:38 AM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finality View Post
Horndoctor, I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. I installed the CMKiller .cab and then deleted the connection, but it was back as soon as I went back to make sure it was gone.

This stubborn data connection just won't go awayyy!
in addition to the CM guardian service , I believe another .exe is also recreating the connection . I found it while cooking my ROM . its called connectionsetup.exe . try creating a blank text file in word mobile saving it as a .txt and then copy it to the windows directory . I'd make a cab if I wasn't on my way to work . lol
Old 06-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

finality is a n00b

Okay, elesbb, so by this you mean that I should create a blank document in Word and call it "connectionsetup.exe.txt" or just "connectionsetup.txt" and move it to the Windows folder? Walk me through this step-by-step, please, because I am as noob as it gets with all this stuff.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finality View Post
Okay, elesbb, so by this you mean that I should create a blank document in Word and call it "connectionsetup.exe.txt" or just "connectionsetup.txt" and move it to the Windows folder? Walk me through this step-by-step, please, because I am as noob as it gets with all this stuff.
I'll make a cab for you if that's alright !
Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

finality is a n00b

Yes, yessss. That would be awesome. Thank you so much!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:07 AM

here you are finality , i apologize for taking so long !
Just install the CAB , then delete the data connection and restart and see if the connection came back , if so , i may also have to create another cab for you , there are other files i have in mind that may be doing this xP
Attached Files
File Type: cab elesbb Dummy connectionsetup.exe.cab (1.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2