PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
intshr/intshrUI.exe cannot open in \windows but opens up fine from storage card

I was having trouble with internet sharing with a WM 6.5 ROM. the Usbtopc app always calls for the intshr.exe which cannot be opened. After extensive search, I noticed that the intshare.DLL file was missing in this ROM.

I copied intshare.DLL to the \windows folder where the intshr.exe sits, but clicking on it still gives me this "cannot open" error. I then played around with the usbtopc menu app with different MUI (language setting) since some user claim they solve the problem by replacing the original WWE version. (I use simplified Chinese layout for the sense 2.5), and the Chinese version of usbtopc calls for intshrUI.exe instead. So I copied that exe to \windows as well, but still the same error.

While on the other hand, I can open it up and bring out the internet sharing interface fine from storage card ( I put the exe and dll in the same folder), and it connected fine too (did not see the actual data transmission, but it shows "connected").

usbtopc pop up menu keep calling the \windows\intshrUI.exe and keeps getting the "cannot open" error.

Can you guys offer me some help with this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited by Procter; 06-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I'd say talk to the chef of your rom and have them fix it or flash a different rom like vin's, sharkie's, lead, or another rom that doesn't have that issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2