PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GarrettSR5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen "melted"?!

I woke up today and my TP2 had like a rainbow looking haze on the screen so I tried wiping it off. Didn't come off so I pulled the screen protector off. Was still there in a perfect square probably about 1/8 of an inch in. When I touch it it like moves with my finger but the screen doesn't respond. You can see the little "dots" under it. I took it to the local Verizon retailer where I bought insurance for it and they gave me a Droid Pro. Do not like.

Is my TP2 fixable? I tried hard resetting it etc.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; FROYO X GINGER 2.2.2 Build/FROYO X GINGER 2.2.2) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

That is a hardware problem. The screen needs to be replaced.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettSR5
I woke up today and my TP2 had like a rainbow looking haze on the screen so I tried wiping it off. Didn't come off so I pulled the screen protector off. Was still there in a perfect square probably about 1/8 of an inch in. When I touch it it like moves with my finger but the screen doesn't respond. You can see the little "dots" under it. I took it to the local Verizon retailer where I bought insurance for it and they gave me a Droid Pro. Do not like.

Is my TP2 fixable? I tried hard resetting it etc.
Yes, you just need to replace the digitizer. That's what is damaged. It's easier to replace the digitizer and lcd together because the digitizer is glued to the lcd so it's best to buy them in a combo.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Screen "melted"?!

it's called a newton ring and like they said, it is a hardware problem. it may not cause too much problems now but eventually the screen will fail.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...w-banding.html
Old 06-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Sorry for your troubles... thank you for your kind comment about liking the TP2 better! =) Hope you get it fixed there!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I had this problem by always applying pressure on screen,
by rubbing/wiping the screen protector to clean it.
The sceen protector was a hard variety which warped and applied more undo pressure.
Anyone with screen protectors must be wary to watch out.
It must be of a soft variety like "BestSkinsever" or "Zagg Invisishield",
I would not evr use stiffer plastic ones like mirrored ones again.

Also, if you put your device in pocket,
put with screen FACING OUT!, so as not to put more
undue pressure & heat on screen frrom your leg!

As other have noted, you have permanent damage, BUT,
to temporarilly get it working again...
take some clear wide boxing tape,
Apply it on screen, so it can grab,
As you pull it off, so it will lift top layer screen,
and make digitizer work for a while.
You may have to do this a few times to get it working...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2