PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 SCREEN GOING BLANK and Stays There

VINs Neo ROM had that problem too? interesting, I never experienced it past the stock 6.5 rom and the mightyROM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
VINs Neo ROM had that problem too? interesting, I never experienced it past the stock 6.5 rom and the mightyROM.
I think the SOD problem has more than one cause. My cause (USB Jack, whether a bent pin, loose solder point, etc.) was hardware related. I had been running 1.31Neo as my base since ... 1.31, really. Tried a few others since, only temporarily as I recall. Never had this issue before this morning. I think it's kinda funny that a simple bending of a jack (whatever it may do), completely fixed the most ambiguous error. I'm quite sure there are software sources for this same type of error, hell, weren't there like one or two kernels that had SOD problems? lmao...

Old 10-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jdwaic is a n00b

It's got to be the software. Mine works fine with XDAndroid, but locks up with Energy rom.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwaic View Post
It's got to be the software. Mine works fine with XDAndroid, but locks up with Energy rom.
there are two types of SODs that I have experienced , hardware and software . Very 1st tp2 had the software one , where if manually powered off it would just hang there , but if allowed to go into standby through time delay , it would turn on . 2nd one no matter what rom or OS I was running , the second the device slept , it never woke up again .
Old 10-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipod 4g
Carrier: vodafone

andrewstone81 is a n00b

Hello, guys!!!I just bought a new BLACKBERRY TORCH mobile and looking for its skin cover. My friend suggested me to come over the sties which are good in dealing. I need to buy BLACKBERRY TORCH SKIN COVER for its protection.

Blackberry torch skin cover
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

marioc89 is a n00b

What does the custom rom offer that the 6.5 doesn't have or do and where can you get it from?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioc89 View Post
What does the custom rom offer that the 6.5 doesn't have or do and where can you get it from?
Custom Rom's give your device added functionality and most remove the bloatware from the carrier. You can get a wealth of Rom's right here at PPCGeeks. Enjoy!

cdma-tp2-development

Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Custom Rom's give your device added functionality and most remove the bloatware from the carrier. You can get a wealth of Rom's right here at PPCGeeks. Enjoy!

cdma-tp2-development
@Tinkerbell will soon be cooking her own rom for the tp2 soon.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@Tinkerbell will soon be cooking her own rom for the tp2 soon.
@eric12341 After flashing what some of the other developers here have produced, I saw that I was out of my league building for the TP2. Maybe after I learn some more and do more tweaking, I will let the Tinkerbell TP2 Rom out!! Thank you for the mention though!!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zzvelik is a n00b

I had the same experience. Jiggling the USB jack while pressing the power button brought it back from the SOD both with the NRG & Mighty Roms. Thanks for posting & a good reference for me in the future when I forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
I finally experienced this "failure to wake" issue!! Yeah, F'ing rejoice, eh? Power button would not wake up the phone. I'm running 1.31Neo, btw.

After hard resetting to only have the same results, I started experimenting and SOLVED this problem for ME. I'm sure there are more than one cause for this issue, but this worked for me:

Step 1: Lay phone on flat surface (table/desk);
Step 2: Insert a mini-USB plug into the jack;
Step 3: Toggle Power Button to confirm USB Jack is the source of your problem;
Step 4: If so, gently push down on plug as you incrementally pull it out of jack while toggling power button each increment.
Step 5: With plug all the way out, toggle power button to see if problem is gone. If not, repeat as follows:
a. gently push down and slightly to the right during step 4.
b. " left during step 4.
c. " up
d. up and slightly to the right...
e. up and slightly to the left...

My situation worked with gently pushing down...that was it. Now, works perfectly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2